1956 Lincoln SA-200 Shorthood Yanmar Conversion
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

1956 Lincoln SA-200 Shorthood Yanmar Conversion

I have a 1956 SA-200 shorty that I want to do a Yanmar repower conversion. Does anyone know someone that does engine adapter plates made that already has experience with this? Fowler has pictures I have for reference. I haven’t called HybriWeld. I’d like the machinist to document and provide me with a drawing of the work he does.

Re: 1956 Lincoln SA-200 Shorthood Yanmar Conversion

Soooo..... you're thinking you will just call up a manufacturer and have them send you detailed plans to make their product?

Quote Originally Posted by gundog77 View Post
    Soooo..... you're thinking you will just call up a manufacturer and have them send you detailed plans to make their product?
    lol,lol. I got a kick outa that the other day when I saw it too. i cant knock him for trying though. in the 90s, I was able to get case tractor to cough up the prints on a retired parts (no longer avail), but then they quit . that's about the best ive done in that category

Get yerself a lathe and a mill and get to fabbing. Nobody's gonna hand it to you on a silver platter.

No, HybriWeld and Fowler doesn’t do the conversions anymore. The fact that I mentioned calling HybriWeld, a former manufacturer of these Yanmar conversions, is the best place to start. I was going to ask them to sell the plans to me or have MY MACHINIST document anything he manufactured for this custom build for easy reproduction in the future. Why you would instinctively assume I would ask them for their plans of a product (for nothing) they don’t produce anymore is pretty funny. Even if they did still produce the product, without proper patents or patent trademarking, I could buy their actual product for the design and mass produce it. Even though Fowler can’t take a trademarked Yanmar engine, slap it on a trademarked Lincoln welder (discontinued or not) and legally rebrand it a Fowler design without proper trademark licensing. But...... That wasn’t even close to what I was getting at.

I may be new to this forum, but ones things for certain I am not a rookie in the welding industry. As a business owner that does anywhere from $250,000 to 1/2 a million in gross annual revenue providing services for Baltimore and Washington DC gas distribution companies, mechanical contractors, and the largest tunnel boring machine operations on the east coast, I never assume anyone is going to do anything for “free” or without proper compensation and just “give” it away, is kind of ridiculous to jump to that conclusion right away. I’m not one of the Obama or Bernie Sanders sycophants who expects anything to be given to me because of some delusional entitlement ego.

I’ll pay my machinist to make me what I need. They can make me a silver platter. That’s what I pay them for.

Seeing as they're not doing them anymore, did you speak to Mike at Hybriweld to see if he'll sell you the required information. I wasn't aware they stopped doing conversions.

I understand Weldmart does conversions too but I wouldn't expect them to sell that information to anyone.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    '68 Red Face Code #6633 project
    Star Jet 21-110

Save 2nd Base!