Makita cordless 7" grinder deal
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Makita cordless 7" grinder deal

Just got one of these and they dropped in price 100 bucks yesterday at Home Depot.
    In store, they also have a free pair of 5Ah batteries ($159) free with any X2 kit purchase. Now $299
    Makita18-Volt 5.0Ah X2 LXT Lithium-Ion (36-Volt) Brushless Angle Grinder Kit
    https://homedepot.app.link/cacBY1TuBJ
    SKU# 302254443
    Tiger Sales: AHP Distributor www.tigersalesco.com
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; ESAB 875 plasma;Evo 355. OA

Re: Makita cordless 7" grinder deal

Keep us updated on the performance and battery life. Might have to get one if it's any good.
    Learning to weld, one arc at a time.

Wow that thing looks like a beast! I just might get one. Someone said in a review of the 4.5" that Makita recently changed the design of their 18V battery, I wonder if the batteries will be the same as my one year old drill.
    Miller Challenger 172
    Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC 225/150
    Miller Maxstar 150 STL
    Victor 100C
    Victor Journeyman
    Oxweld OA
    Harris O/A
    Smith O/A little torch

No, that's not my car.

The Makita 5 amp hour batters require removal of a small bit of plastic on the slide to work on the older tools. Aftermarket 5 a*h batteries don't require this surgery. A careful comparison will show the offending material.

All I see is a link to an App Store.
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    Victor Performer O/A
    Lincoln Viking 4C 3350

Try this. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-1...2PT1/302254443

Sent from my SM-T377V using Tapatalk
    AHP200x; AHP 160ST; MM350P, Spoolmatic 30A; Everlast PowerTig 185; ESAB 875 plasma;Evo 355. OA

Ok I see it now, thanks Tiger.
    '65 Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC
    ESAB REBEL EMP 215ic
    L-tec PCM-VPi 40A plasma
    Victor Performer O/A
    Lincoln Viking 4C 3350

Quote Originally Posted by soutthpaw View Post
    Try this. https://www.homedepot.com/p/Makita-1...2PT1/302254443

Quote Originally Posted by bigb View Post
    Wow that thing looks like a beast! I just might get one. Someone said in a review of the 4.5" that Makita recently changed the design of their 18V battery, I wonder if the batteries will be the same as my one year old drill.
    I had half a dozen of the non-star batteries crap out, but no issues with any of my Star batteries. They fixed the design flaw. If the tool base is yellow, the new batteries work with no modification, same for black with a star. Black without a star require cutting off the tab on the tool or battery, then they work fine. That's what I did on my old Makita Tools.

gee we get ripped off in Australia, same unit here is listed at my local tool shop for 400 bucks - for the skin only.....

Here is pictures of the little notch you need to remove from older tools to use new batteries. I just used my air file to remove it. Front left side of base.

I went to my local Home Depot to look at the grinder, realizing that the two 5.0 AH batteries and the double charger alone are worth nearly $299. Well I couldn't find one and the guy in the tool dept said they don't carry it. So off I went but not before buying the 18 volt Makita multi-tool. I figured I would have to drive to another HD for the grinder on the weekend. Well today is the weekend so I look up the grinder and drats, it's now back to $399. It also says my local store, the one that said they don't carry it, has two in stock. So back I go and show the guy on my phone where it shows the aisle number and bay. He says "we don't have a bay 001 and aisle 24 is screws and nails". After some looking, I see a big Makita display opposite aisle 24, in the front of the store tucked away by the Pro desk. Whuddya know, there's the grinders they are supposed to not carry. I told the guy I wasn't too happy that they were now $399 when I would have bought one a week ago for $299 if he hadn't told me they didn't have it. Then I notice the sign on the display model. $299. Below it on the shelf there are two boxes with shelf tags that say $399. He says the sign should've been removed. He says he can give it to me for $349. I say wait, it says $299, why can't I pay $299. He gets a manager. I get it for $299. The $100 wasn't exactly free though, it cost me probably a half hour at the checkout as the cashier had to call the manager three times to approve it and finally had to send me through another checkout.

Anyway I got it, and I grabbed the 4.5" while I was at it. I am pretty impressed with the 4.5", haven't used the 7 yet.
    Miller Challenger 172
    Miller Thunderbolt AC/DC 225/150
    Miller Maxstar 150 STL
    Victor 100C
    Victor Journeyman
    Oxweld OA
    Harris O/A
    Smith O/A little torch

No, that's not my car.