2016 Lincoln PowerMig 256
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

2016 Lincoln PowerMig 256

I bought it from the welding store in mid 2016 to practice with .045" flux cored wire for employment tests. The backyard practice helped as I was hired in December 2016. Lightly used and stored, unplugged and covered, in the parents' garage.
    Comes with everything that it came with new. $1500 firm, you pick up. I feel the price is quite fair for a lightly used machine. The factory gun will be put back on it for pictures, demos, and sale. I used my spare gun for flux cored welding. I will gladly text pictures and other information and have the receipt, too. Located in Sacramento, Ca.
    Last edited by deafman; 01-11-2018 at 11:19 AM.

Re: 2016 Lincoln PowerMig 256

that's a good price for a good machine, Good luck! if you were closer Id pick it up
    - Christian M.
    C3 Welding & Fabrication
    - CNC Plasma Cutting
    -Mobile Welding
    -Custom welding and fab
    www.c3welding.com

I knew it would be a hard sell. If no serious offers I will just keep it. It isn't portable, but I knew that to start with. Using 100% CO2 the bead appearance and the amount of spatter isn't overly impressive, but the 75/25 bead is nice with minimal spatter.
    Now I just use it for an occasional thin gauge ornamental project so gas isn't a major cost for me. Probably ran about 5# of flux core for practicing for job tests right after I bought the machine. In the past year I have ran about 5# of .035" MIG wire.
    Last edited by deafman; 01-19-2018 at 11:50 PM.

I'm suprised you haven't sold it yet at that price, I don't care what they say the economy still sucks, I had a 255 great machine and sold for more than that with more miles on it, we had a miller 252 at work and the lincoln was a way nicer machine,
    Last edited by pat h; 01-20-2018 at 01:28 AM.

We have about 7 Miller 252's at work. The arc with MIG is somewhat soft. We only use them for fluxcore, though. Most people seem to prefer the Lincoln/Tweco gun far more than the stubby Miller M-25 guns. One nice feature of the Lincoln is quick change of wire speed. With the Miller, if you want to speed up the wire a lot when loading a new roll the wire speed knob will have to be turned around and around.