Hello from SWVA
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Hello from SWVA

Hello from SWVA

Hello, I just wanted to stop by, introduce myself and let y'all know how nice it is to be here on the WeldingWeb Forum. I'm from Southwest Virginia next to the Carolina line. I started welding in high school (vocational shop) and have enjoyed doing it for the biggest part of my life. Since retiring, I'm wanting to do more of it here at home, and look forward to getting to know y'all along the way!

Steve

Re: Hello from SWVA

Welcome to the forum

Welcome to the forum, Steve.
    Lincoln A/C 225
    Everlast P/A 200

Hello Steve and Welcome from Stokes County, NC. We're outside Pilot Mountain about a half hour north of Winston-Salem. Which county(or town are you in? Are you looking to buy or sell any welding equipment in the near future?

Lance
    Lance

Miller:
    Bobcat 225
    Dialarc 250P
    2x Miller Dialarc 250s (for now)

Milwaukee:
    Hole Hawg
    Porta-band
    9" 15 Amp grinder

Evolution:
    9" metal cutting circular saw

Thanks fellers, I appreciate you welcoming me to the forum!

Lance, I live in Henry County, so we're actually neighbors. I have a Lincoln Idealarc 250 AC/DC, and just bought a Smith SC209 and regulators off fleaBay. As soon as I get my oxygen and acetylene I plan on building a welding table, hopefully sometime in late winter/early spring.

We're about an hour from Martinsville if that helps. I need to buy or make a welding table myself. The table I had on our NY farm prior to retirement was 5x10' (it got used as a general workbench and way too big to bring to our retirement home. For most of what I do or expect to do something maybe 3x5' would be more than enough.

Lance
    Lance

Miller:
    Bobcat 225
    Dialarc 250P
    2x Miller Dialarc 250s (for now)

Milwaukee:
    Hole Hawg
    Porta-band
    9" 15 Amp grinder

Evolution:
    9" metal cutting circular saw

Lance, I don't live too far from Martinsville (Super) Speedway!! If you haven't got your steel yet maybe we could go in on it, might save both of us some money. I was thinking along the same lines as you, 3'x5' or 4'x4', nothing too big.