Dynasty 200dx
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Dynasty 200dx

Dynasty 200dx

I have been read a fair amount of threads about PC boards burning up on the dynasty welders. I reached out too Miller asking if there are any maintenance procedures that can be performed to help prevent such a casualty, No response yet. I have not had an issue with mine and have had it for about ten or eleven years now. With that being said I have no where near gotten 4k worth of welding done with it and would like to be able to do everything I can to get my return on investment.

Re: Dynasty 200dx

PC boards are to some degree designed around there intended usage.
    Example would be a board used within a engine drive welding power source, as a rule of thumb it should be mounted and protected from the environment engine drives are subjected to.
    Some may be coated differently although heat generated is a concern with different coatings.
    That said on your Dynasty, Miller most likely is not going to recommend anything different than what's already listed in your owners manual for general care.
    However here are some simple things that can prolong the life of your welder.
    Clean input voltage, most boards/circuitry have some protection for voltage spikes, some don't.
    Keep the inside clean,carefully blow out the power source, How often depends upon the working environment your welding power source is exposed to.
    Grinding dust can raise hell with PC boards, I have seen boards short because of this.
    Disconnect the primary power ,and carefully blow out the entire inside of the machine watch items inside that store power like capacitors etc.
    Never handle the P.C. boards, the static electricity in a persons body can short out a board. There are procedures for handling a P.C. board.
    As long as you stay within the parameters the machine was designed for generally you should be o.k.
    P.C. boards kinda do there own thing, some last forever and others commit suicide for seemingly no reasons at all.

Thanks for the feed back. I do make sure I keep it clear from the grinding area. Should I be using canned air for dusting computers when blow any dust out of the internal?

No save your money , just clean dry compressed air, just keep the pressure below 60 psi and you will be fine.

Saying you haven't got your 4k back yet I'm sure it's used very infrequent, I have a 03 dynasty 200dx which has lighter use other than regular cleaning inside, everytime I turn it on I let it idle for a while 5 or 10 minutes each day, longer if it hasn't been used, moisture is another concideration, it's always covered and never near grinding or dust, I have a few inverters some older than this 25 years + do the same with all it may not make one bit of difference but so far so good, also some of the less used machines once a month I just let them idle for a while, that's my story I'm sticking to it,