miller dialarc problem with high frequency
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

miller dialarc problem with high frequency

Been working fine, spent the day stick welding with it, set back up for tig. I messed with the preflow post flow timer... When I hit the foot pedal the machine runs for a few seconds and then arc just stops no spark at spark plug and then all the sudden it starts again. Any body ever had this problem before?

Re: miller dialarc problem with high frequency

Update.... Weird update.... When I got the machine the pre and post flow was set to 15 seconds, I tried to move it to about 6-7 seconds anyways I just moved it back up to 14-15 seconds and its working fine again. I'm not sure why this is happened

The dialarc should only have a post flow timer and a power up purge timer.
    Same timer, It gets reset and starts timing with every press of the remote control.
    The control resister for this timer may be going bad. you can try turning it from end to end a whole bunch of times and it may clean up. Miller only sells it as a complete timer assembly.
    If you are good with s soldering iron you might be able to replace just the control potentiometer. The whole assembly is just 4 wires and 4 nuts. easy change.

Something makes me think my problem is actually in the foot pedal. At first it would strike the arc and just cut out on its own, work for a few seconds and just cut out on its own, now it just won't turn off, if I unplug the foot pedal it does turn off though