Miller 302 trailblazer problem
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Unhappy Miller 302 trailblazer problem

My trailblazer has 350 hrs on it at about 275 it started acting up when first starting it. Upon starting, the LED display previously displaying either hours or oil change status would change over to read the amps. Out of the blue, the machine did not display the "on and amps" data and would not weld or generate power either. At first it would run for a few minutes then "turn on" with the proper display and operate (both weld/generate power.) Later, I would have to turn it off & on several times until it would "turn on." As time went on, I would have to run the machine for longer & longer periods of time & it would automatically switch over to "on" --displaying the amps & functioning properly. Once it would go on it would run all day with out repeating the problem even if off for an hour or two at a time. It seemed to act up this way on the first start up. Well recently it has seemingly gotten worse. After being stored for several months, I had to run it for about 45 minutes until it finally would display the amps & operate as it should. Seems like the switch function may be supect, but I have not done a thing to it yet. I have read a lot of threads on this forum I have heard excellent, detailed advice. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    Last edited by incipit22; 01-21-2012 at 04:55 PM.

Re: Miller 302 trailblazer problem

I would check two things and then call Miller Customer Service - Engine Drives.

The first thing to check is the harness connection at the START/RUN/STOP switch. Wire #40 provides power to control board PC2 at receptacle RC15 pin 4 which is the second thing to check. Look for a corroded terminal or otherwise not making contact.

If not one of the two things above, it could be a board issue.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    SA-200 Blackface Code# 8638
    Star Jet 21-110

Two term limit - one in office, one in jail.