Welding job help
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Welding job help

I been looking for a entry position in the DFW area of Texas and cant find a place that wants to hire me. I want to get a TIG position in the medical,food process,automotive or sanitary field. Can anyone point me in a right direction or give me company names?

Re: Welding job help

With a handle like bendover, I can't imagine why no one is taking you seriously...

Quote Originally Posted by Davidbrown View Post
    With a handle like bendover, I can't imagine why no one is taking you seriously...
    Sounds like butt weldor, get it!
    AEAD 200LE, Lincoln precision tig 185, Millermatic 251, Spectrum 625 extreme, Victor torch , Smithy 1220LTD. and Do all C-4 band saw , Always adding.

Quote Originally Posted by houseoffire View Post
    Sounds like butt weldor, get it!
    lol
    Dynasty 200DX
    Passport plus w/ spoolmate 100
    victor 315c oxy/(act and prop)
    Miller digital elite
    milwaukee power tools

Update might be getting a job welding rollcages.
    Glad to see theres ppl on here with some sense of humor..the internet is such serious business.
    Last edited by BenDover; 01-28-2012 at 01:57 AM.

check out Triple S/ Dynamics. I work for them in Cibolo, Texas.

Anyone knows a place that needs a TIG welder in the medical, sanitary,pressure vessel, kitchen equipment etc.... I'll even take a apprenticeship!!!

You need to think about coming to houston, lots of opprotunity here.

i don't know if it's in the area where you live, but i have only wrote on google sanitary fab shop in texas and this compagny looks great...

http://www.dynamicsystemsusa.com/fabrication.php

I been calling around and applying to numerous place for a entry lvl or apprenticeship still no luck. Already exhausted all my resources seems like I got a degree for nothing even though I can lay a decent bead and use basic shop tools/equipment.Don't even know where to start now in the welding industry.

Still in need of a job!

All you can do is keep applying and hope for the best,no one can really help you but yourself. You might also consider like others said,look outside the area you live in(If a job requires you to move,seriously consider it).
    Drink a Guinness Draught....
    Millermatic 140
    Do you still remember
    December's foggy freeze --
    when the ice that
    clings on to your beard is
    screaming agony.

Hi Ben you may want to post your location so potential employers know where you are located.

If If want to post your location, show your personal avatar, or have a signature on each post telling fellow members where you are located; an avatar of you or your shop, and a signature telling fellow members what types of equipment you have, you can do it all by following these steps:

1. Locate and click on USER CP

2. Under YOUR CONTROL PANEL, YOUR PROFILE, click on EDIT YOUR DETAILS

3. In the EDIT YOUR DETAILS, you can enter Optional Information and Additional Information such as your Location (an other info)

4. While in USER CP you can explore some of the other functions

- Avatar: you can have picture of you, your shop, your wife, children, dog, etc (keep it clean- no nudes)

- Signature: you can list all your equipment, a link to your shop, or maybe some witty saying
    Co-Own CNC shop:Miller :1251 plasma cutter, MaxStar 700 TIG/Stick, & XMT 456 Multiprocess Welder.& 2 Hypertherm HPR260's Plasma Cutter

Sorry I had a bad stroke but now I am back.

Been looking for AL tig job ...still no luck.
    Any leads on a job is appreciated.

so what's up there ben, you don't read anything previous to what you have written. seems the scepter gave you some good advice but you chose to ignore it. maybe that's the problem.

ps drop the asinine nic.

Updated as requested.
    -2 speedglas 9002x + Adflo
    -Miller Dynasty 200DX
    -HH 210 Mvp

Hi Ben when you apply to companies do you go in person or do you call? I always thing its better to meet face to face, its harder for them to say no. Also have you offered to do an unpayed trial period it doesn't have to be long just a day or two.
    What qualifications do you have? Is it just welding or is it fab as well? We get lots of guys that can weld but not fab it makes a big difference.

Mark

I mostly call or email with resume. Have no qualifications so I need to practice my over for TIG to get my cert. I done some fab before but I mostly TIG weld.
    -Miller Dynasty 200DX
    -HH 210 Mvp

Save up and go to school. Go to a real pipe welding school not your local CC that offers pipe 2nights a week in the summer bs

Quote Originally Posted by JoeMayo View Post
    Save up and go to school. Go to a real pipe welding school not your local CC that offers pipe 2nights a week in the summer bs
    I agree, but there are some very good CC's with very well connected instructors. Most CC's find their good students jobs before they finish.

You have to go in person if your going to get a welding job. When I worked in structural steel we gave just about everyone a welding test if they came through at the right time. Sometimes if we were rolling we took a resume and called them back. It was a way of keeping the resume file thinned down to the people who could weld.

Show up to some of these places dressed nice and bring your welding helmet and jacket. We always found the people who did not care to dress nice and be presentable usually quit after a couple of months, or they pimped the system until they got fired.

The type of job your wanting is for the upper echelon of welders. Structural steel is very forgiving in that you can redo / undo what you screw up (most of the time). If you start screwing up aluminum you can cost your company time and material $$$.

Find a sheet metal shop and start there and then move up. You need some job experience to put on your resume.

Look in the Tulsa paper. I member seeing alot of welding jobs in there. For a entry level tig welder with no experience I've seen companies pay 8-9hr

Took a couple pipe classes 6010/7018 and TIG but had a hard time in 6g uphill cap at bottom. These where 4hrs class for 4 days out the week.

Went to a job fair today and talk to some reps at a sheet metal union. They say starting pay 13 but don't know if its worth it with all the traveling. Honestly I don't really know how unions work.
    -Miller Dynasty 200DX
    -HH 210 Mvp

At least im not the only one looking. Just be glad your not in Durango Colorado there are no jobs for welders here. Hell even down in Farmington NM I bet I have talked to over a dozen shops that cover multiply areas of welding and fab and no one is hiring. Granted I might only have about 2and a half years experience and schooling but I cant even find a job bein a helper or pushin a broom around a shop.

Trinity industries they build rail cars , they have a shop by stock yards.

Well, Joe Mayo is exactly right. If you really want to be a welder, and work in a shop, Tulsa is a good place to be. I work at a pipe shop and will make about 80,000 this year. We are hiring, although very tough test (not for beginners), but so is everyone else. There are tons of entry level jobs, mig, tig, stick, and fab, ect.

I really think it may be hard to find a job if you haven't found one already and WONT look elsewhere. Maybe take a trip to tulsa for a day or two, check it out and see if you'd like it. Its not far from dallas and decent pay, low cost of living.

Doug in Tulsa
    Lincoln Idealarc Tig 300/300, Lincoln ranger 8, Lincoln LN-25, Miller Sidekick (keeps rockin!), Oxy/Acy torch, Miller XMT-304 with a Miller 60 series wire feeder and high freq. box, Profax positioner 8" chuck, Aaronson 3500# positioner 15" chuck