L'TEC Prest-O-Matic Mig 130
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

L'TEC Prest-O-Matic Mig 130

I saw this on craigslist and was wondering if it was worth getting? I am heading down tonight to take a look at it. He said that parts were still available and he had it serviced about a year ago. Here's a couple of pics.

For $100 I don't think it is too bad??? How old do you think it is? I also wonder if you can run shielding gas on these units? I have a spare 40 CFM bottle I can use at my dad's shop. Mainly looking to purchase it as a backup to my Lincoln SP175 to use for sheetmetal repairs on autos.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by toomanytoyzz; 01-26-2012 at 08:08 PM.

Re: L'TEC Prest-O-Matic Mig 130

ESAB may have the manual in their archive and can scan and send you a .pdf.
    If you get one, please PM me for my email and send me a copy since I try to collect manuals not on download sites.

www.esabna.com/us/en

Welding & Cutting Equipment
    P.O. Box 100545
    411 South Ebenezer Rd.
    Florence, SC 29501-0545
    Phone: (843)-669-4411
    Fax: (843)-664-4258

If it welds it's hard to get hurt for a hundred bucks.

Re: L'TEC Prest-O-Matic Mig 130

Well I got it. It welds as is, but it currently has flux core wire in it. I am going to switch it to solid wire and run argon/co2. I noticed it has a nipple out the back for hooking up gas. Does that mean that it's already plummed for gas or will I need to purchase a kit? I have a Y valve so I can run it off of my 125 CFM tank which I already use with my 220v lincoln. Trying to set this up as cheap as possible.

I sent an email to ESAB regarding the manual. I will send it to you once I get it. I will try calling them next week if they don't reply via email.