Bench Grinder Stand???
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Bench Grinder Stand???

Just got a bench grinder and want to put it on a stand and saw HF selling this stand for cheap, only $20

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=42986

Usually I would just make somehting like this but for that price its not worth it.

Does anyone have this? When bolted to the floor is it pretty solid?

Thanks

Re: Bench Grinder Stand???

I like having mine where I can move it if needed. I made it out of an old car wheel, piece of 2" pipe, and a flat plate used to mount the grinder on. All were scrap pieces and made for a nice project. You can make the stand tall enough to suit your needs.

I have two that I bought about 6 years ago, and so far they seem adequate. I have a bench grinder on one, and a large drill press on the other. Like gnewby, neither of mine are bolted down, so they are moveable. I would say they are worth $20.

cricman

They have the cast iron one on sale right now. I bought it. It is heavier and doesn't need to be bolted down like the 42986 one.

Not sure of its number because I don't see it online but it is in the store.

I have a few as well. I like these small stands. I have two bench grinders, two buffers, a bender (modified the stand for the bender) and an HF beverly shear clone mounted on these stands. They work great, and are usually 16.99 on sale at the store.

I've got 3 of the large stands. Can't remember the number, but they work fine. I don't have mine bolted down yet, and probably won't. They seem pretty stable as they are.

Thanks guys. Sounds like its worth buying.