Lincoln sam 400
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Thread: Lincoln sam 400

Lincoln sam 400

Going to look at a lincoln sam 400 tomorrow I know they stop making them in the 80's/early 90's and I'm sure I'll need to fix a thing or two on it just wondering opinions on getting it. Are parts still easy/cheap to get? Even if it "runs excellent" like the guy says he's asking $1600 and the things a beast. It's gotta be around 2000lbs and it doesn't have a wheel kit. I'm not sure if they even make one for it.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Great find.....I almost bought one last year....a fellow I know has 3 of them.....all on frame trailers......(heavy). I heard they are good for welding non-stop day after day.....Hope you have good luck and build a strong trailer......Good Luck....

Don't Worry About the Mule
    Load the Wagon!
    Lincoln 305G
    Union Carbide Torch

Don't Worry About the Mule~
    Load the Wagon!

Re: Lincoln sam 400

had my sae 300 on a military trailer. As you can see, after 2000 lbs. the helper springs weren't even close! Good Luck!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

those sams are awesome they have constant voltage standard so you can run wire. I even ran sub arc on a sam650 a couple years ago. Thats a steal. If it runs buy it

Been eyeing that one myself but didn't have the dough, that should be a nice machine, comes in at about 2300Lb. Standard VV/CV. From what I;m told those perkins are good on fuel to. bet you can better the price, been for sale a while and it is a tank. Let us know how it is and if you snagged it up. How far are you from where it is?
    "Si Vis Pacem Para Bellum"

(2)Lincoln 225AC/DC portables, Miller Syncrowave 300, miller sidekick,Lincoln Idealarc 250,Miller 251 Mig, Miller 30A spool gun, Hende lathe, Horizontal bandsaw, pora band ,14FT enclosed trailer.SA200's