lincoln weldanpower 150
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

lincoln weldanpower 150

I would like to hear opinions on the above welder/generator,this one has a kholer engine and I could not make the hp. I like the size in that it would fit in the tack compartment of our horse trailer and when we go out of town on weekend rides it would give me the security of being able to fix almost anything just to get back home,I carry a small oxy/act torch anyway.Thoughts and opinions much appreciated. william

Re: lincoln weldanpower 150

Unless it's the less common AC/DC weld output, they make a good little all around protable AC weld output unit. If an AC/DC unit all the better.

Only drawback from a generator standpoint is they are loud as they run at 3600 for auxiliary power as well as welding - hence the name "Weldanpower".

If in otherwise good condition, a few common causes of lack of power can be low RPM from fatigued governor spring or just misajustment, too much governor droop (RPM drop under load) again from a weak governor spring, carburetor adjustment or plugged high speed jet or circuit in carburetor due to crud in the carb.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    SA-200 Blackface Code# 8638
    Star Jet 21-110

Two term limit - one in office, one in jail.

Hello

Duane I think he might be referring to being able to read the HP rating on the engine rather than the engine itself lacking the ponys.

If that is indeed your question my weldanpower 150 has a 13 horse Kohler. Sweet engine but as Duane said LOUD.

Garry

Ahhh. Good catch Garry. I see that now. I read it the way I thought I saw it.

The B&S were 11HP.
    MM200 w/Spoolmatic 1
    Syncrowave 180SD
    Bobcat 225G Plus - LP/NG
    MUTT Suitcase Wirefeeder
    WC-1S/Spoolmatic 1
    HF-251D-1
    PakMaster 100XL
    SA-200 Blackface Code# 8638
    Star Jet 21-110

Two term limit - one in office, one in jail.

I just got a hand-me down of one of these units that was neglected for awhile it has no muffler, Fuel tank and the Start recoil assembly is missing. Any links or connection on parts, reproduction parts or conversion of modern parts or modern engine to restore my unit? email me directly at weshipitja@gmail.com

Thumbs up Re: lincoln weldanpower 150

I have both a Kohler 135 AC Unit and a Briggs 135 AC Unit. Yes they are loud but like the original post asked, "Good for Emergency repairs"?
    Thats what mine do!
    drujinin