Drop Down fish house trailer
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Drop Down fish house trailer

Anybody build their own or currently building one? I would like to see pics of some and would like to build one soonly. I have some ideas but anything helps! Thanks

Re: Drop Down fish house trailer

What is it?

It's for Ice fishing. Essentially the wooden house that has wheel that drop down and all you've got to do is drill the hole.
    There are no problems. There are only solutions. It's your duty to determine the right one.

Hobart Handler 210
    Airco 225 Amp MSM Stinger

OK, Not much call for such as that in the Southeast. LOL

Sorry....Yes it is for ice fishing, the trailer frame is steel or aluminum and then you build on it with wood or even steel/aluminum tubing for walls instead of wood studs.

do a google search and you will find some.

Fish house??? Isn't that a cali-fusion restaurant? I guess 'ell would have to freeze over before I see one here!

I would check one of the Walleye Fishing Forums (especially out East), they should have a good idea of what you want or are looking for... I'm certain that I saw a few Photos of guys using them on Lake Superior... I'll try and find the Forum.. some of those guys had pretty 'detailed photos' of their shacks.

We use collapsible ones here (almost exclusively)...

Cheers,
    Miller Diversion 165
    120 amp Buzz Box
    Victor Oxy/Ace Oxy/LPG
    Smith "Little" Oxy/LPG
    Hypertherm Powermax 30
    Lot's of Misc. tools n' crap....

An easier, simpler, cheaper and MORE SENSIBLE idea would be to wait for the weather to warm up and use a BOAT.

down here by St. Cloud, we never got out on the ice this year, very strange ice conditions. or no ice at all, you know what i mean......My son boilt one from his trailer house, just fabed up the folding wheel thing....,i don't know where he got the plains.....

I've never picked up more than a couple of bags at the local gas station, I guess I'd need a trailer, too if I was fishing for a lot more ice. Big party, huh? Can I come?

Couldn't help myself with the previous post, but here are some ideas for a drop down fish house, I was searching online and ran across a couple of things. This place here has a few good ideas that you might like to incorporate into your design, http://www.fishhousesupply.com/icehousekits.htm
    Here you can search around the patent for a few good concepts...http://www.google.com/patents/US6923452
    Look here for more concepts, designs and photos of frames etc...http://www.roadkingoutdoors.com/trailers.htmll
    Here is a sight where yopu can get plans for your ice hut at various prices for variety plans...http://fishhouseplans.mnsportsmans.com/plans.html This might be your best bet, down and dirty, quick and easy.
    Also found a site that has a floating feature built into the hut just in case you're trying to get that last weekend in before the spring; happens here on Lake Simcoe every year, who knows, might keep your car from hitting bottom if there's enough flotation ...Can't find the site right now, but if you search, it will show up, not a bad little feature, for sure.
    Imagine what the lowered trailer would look like being towed by a lowered '56 Chevy, ultra-cool. Let us know how the build works out and don't forget the fotos...we love photos!!
    Cheers

Lol thanks Bearston...

Not so much for advices or pictures above! haha.

Yeah I've seen fishhousesupply.com...I fish quite a bit so I've seen a few different brands up close personally and self built...It is so much cheaper building your own than buying. I do have a portable flip over fish house that is very mobile and easy to transport. I would like something for a long weekend and to sleep in instead of paying for hotel rooms!

We have about 24-26" (normally 28-32" this time of the year) of ice up here but it has been a mild winter so far so it's a little bit creepy sometimes. I have buddies who built their own but did not have much for pictures, a friend just built a 6.5 x 14 with a 3' v front so 17' overall length. I was just seeing if there was anyone who did something differently! Have a good one fellas!

And I thought I was cool with my Clam flip over!
    "Where's Stick man????????" - 7A749
    "SHHHHHH!! I sent him over to snag that MIC-4 while tbone wasn't looking!" - duaneb55
    "I have bought a few of Tbone's things unlike Stick-Man who helps himself" - TozziWelding
    "Stick-man"

I have built a 6.5'x14' ice shack. I have detailed plans if interested.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

You could use the "frac tank" type of design ----

https://www.google.com/search?q=frac...w=1264&bih=857
    Lincoln SA200's... at least 15 - 20. They come and go. Growing partial to the "Short Hoods" in my old age. Last count on Short Hoods was 13 in possession.

First off, what zactlee is ice?
    Bistineau +1 the cajun clarity of it all.
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25
    Lincoln WeldanPower 225 AC/DC

If all else fails... buy more tools

Jesus Christ!!!!! Holy rock star fishing! Hot tub? Sat. TV? And you park that on a hopefully frozen body of water?????
    WOW!!! I had no idea it got that serious or pimped!

Quote Originally Posted by rebel102285 View Post

Below are pics of my ice house

200amp Air Liquide MIG, Hypertherm Plasma, Harris torches, Optrel helmet, Makita angle grinders, Pre-China Delta chop saw and belt sander, Miller leathers, shop made jigs etc, North- welders backpack.

Only in America can we take something as simple as ice fishing and turn it into a luxury toy competition.
    "The things that will destroy America are prosperity at any price, peace at any price, safety first instead of duty first, the love of soft living and the get rich quick theory of life." -Theodore Roosevelt

If you were going to have a girlfriend on the side the conversation would be>>>

wife "Dear do you really need such a luxurious rig?"

Fisherman "Yes, dearest you wouldn't want me to catch cold, and you do want me comfy right?"

wife" Ok, then you go have a nice weekend."

Fishing my eye Break out the Jack Daniels
    Last edited by PapaLion; 08-26-2012 at 07:03 PM.
    Lincoln Power MIG 215
    Lincoln WeldPak 3200HD
    Lincon ProCut 25
    Lincoln WeldanPower 225 AC/DC

If all else fails... buy more tools

Quote Originally Posted by rebel102285 View Post
    Below are pics of my ice house ...
    Dayum! That's so cool I expected a concession stand - chips on the clip rack next to sliding cashier window & the smell of fish fry wafting over the "lake"!

Does it really need the air conditioning unit on the roof?!?!?
    Sure, I can fix it... I got a welder!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bistineau View Post
    An easier, simpler, cheaper and MORE SENSIBLE idea would be to wait for the weather to warm up and use a BOAT.
    Well, then they would only be able to fish from 12:34pm to 4:55pm on July 29th every year, this way they can fish the other 364 and 3/4 days.

Brian Leonard
    Appalachian Ironworks L.L.C.
    434 Long Branch Rd, Marshall, NC 28753
    828 649 9966
    828 702 0697
    brian@appironworks.com
    www.appironworks.com

Wait a minute. Are you telling me that people live in places where it gets so cold the lakes freeze? Come on...

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by PapaLion View Post
    First off, what zactlee is ice?
    Bistineau +1 the cajun clarity of it all.
    It is a cold hard substance used to keep Beer cold, that somehow transforms into water when it quits being cold enough to keep the Beer Cold. If these guys are trying to fish for it, they must have ALOT of Beer to keep cold.