How many CWB/AWS tickets do you hold?
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

How many CWB/AWS tickets do you hold?

I hold 0, lol. But when I'm finished my program I could hold up to 14.

Not sure if in the States it's the same as in Canada and the CWB.

Re: How many CWB/AWS tickets do you hold?

But they are only good for maximum of two years for CWB and less if it is a pressure ticket. And it means you have to be using the procedure. There are few people who hold 14 different qualifications at the same time because many expire in less than six months when you have to retest.
    The rules on AWS tickets is a bit different. From what I understand if you are regularly using the procedure in an AWS qualified company the ticket is lifetime.... until you stop using that procedure.

Life time total, 12 current.

AWS D1.1, 1.3, 1.4, 1.5.

Figuring the picking points of jelly donuts.

Back, (way, way back) in my prime, I peaked with 26, AWS, and ASME certs.
    Dynasty 300
    V350-Pro w/pulse
    LF-72
    SG Spool gun

LN-25
    1937 IdealArc-300
    PowerArc 200
    PowerArc 300
    3 SA-200s
    1800 Ellis saw
    Powermax 1250, CNC table

Alot of the jobs in my area are mainly MIG, and a mixture of TIG/SMAW and I see some flux and metal core jobs once in awhile.

I love the way stick welds look, particularily 7018 on mild steel. But I hate cleaning up all of the mess that stick welding leaves behind, lol. But MIG is much faster and alot cleaner but the welds don't look as pretty as stick welds, lol.

I'm aiming to earn at least 10 out of 14 tickets. I know I'll ace MIG flat and horizontal, SMAW flat, horizontal and overhead.

The only position I'm really worried about is vertical up, that's what I have trouble with. But I have 4 months to work on it, so I think I should be able to get all 14 tickets.

you might hold 14, but how well can you weld? tickets are just door openers, most people with just tickets are useless in industry, you really have to have experience and such which takes years and years, most people learn till the day they retire.

id suggest focusing more on certain areas, rather than having a million tickets.

0- and I'm ok with that because most places want you to pass a welding test anyways...I wouldn't focus on getting as many as you can. Maybe try to master one at a time instead of moving from cert to cert just to prove how many you can get.
    Miller Dynasty 200
    Millermatic 211

Just make sure all those tickets are printed on "soft paper".

Years ago when I was teaching SCUBA in Florida, we referred to northern C-cards (dive certifications) as Yankee toilet paper.
    Syncro 250 DX
    Dynasty 200 DX
    MM 251 w/30A SG
    XMT 304 w/714 Feeder & Optima Pulser
    HH187
    Dialarc 250 AC/DC
    Hypertherm PM 1250
    Smith, Harris, Victor O/A
    Smith and Thermco Gas Mixers
    Access to a full fab shop with CNC Plasma, Water Jet, etc.

I don't hold ant certs right now. The work that I do developing the process and procedure is what future certs are based on.
    Two turn tables and a microphone.

I'm not trying to get as many tickets as I can.

I was just curious about how many tickets other welders have. I'm not trying to max out on tickets, I know a ticket means almost nothing when it comes to job experience.

I'm just curious, that's all.

I don't hold any. my boss holds them. They pay for them and I can't carry them with me if I leave. They will bring a test procedure out select several guys and tell them to test. I have worked for several places where I test for a process and do the work and then I leave. I never even see the slip. It is all in the application process. I mostly fit and then weld if needed. There were times I only welded and then there were times I was welding for 2, 3, and 4 different weldors as an extra weld hand. What ever paid the bills.

Quote Originally Posted by Tat2dHandz View Post
    I'm not trying to get as many tickets as I can.

I was just curious about how many tickets other welders have. I'm not trying to max out on tickets, I know a ticket means almost nothing when it comes to job experience.

I'm just curious, that's all.
    After retiring from approximately 37 years as a welder, I had over 50 tickets or procedures entered in my Welder Log Book. It resulted in a good pension. Life is good.

Bgbkwndo