Spoolmate 200 with heavy duty barrel
RSS | Subscribe | Contact Us | Advertise | About Us

Spoolmate 200 with heavy duty barrel

Hey, I was wondering if anyone has the answer to my question.

The spoolmate 200 has a duty cycle of 160 amps 60%, but I can't find a rating for it with the optional heavy duty barrel?

I know the 3035 spoolgun has a duty cycle of 150 amps @ 60% and it goes to 200 amps @ 60% with the optional heavy barrel for it, so I would assume the spoolmate 200 would be simular?

Thanks.
    Millermatic 252 w/spoolmate 200
    Miller 250 Dialarc
    Lincoln 180 mig pak
    Lincoln mig pak 100
    Hypertherm Powermax 65
    Precision Plasma Patriot 4x8 CNC table
    Everlast 250ex TIG
    Oxy-acet rig
    10"x18" Modern Bandsaw
    Modern 14x40 Lathe

Re: Spoolmate 200 with heavy duty barrel

Call miller. I looked several places and nothing showed a change in duty cycle limits when barrel is changed. There may be a current limit to the conductor inside the spoolmate 200.

Hmmm, I tried Miller's e-mail contact us with this question a week or so ago, never heard anything, then got a "rate your experience with our customer service" e-mail today. LOL awesome.

I will have to call if I have time one day.

I bought the barrel anyways, its is about twice as thick as the original, and it has way deeper cooling fins, plus it uses better (bigger) tips, and nozzles. I'm going to just assume the duty cycle got upped to the same as the 3035 gun with heavy barrel @ 200 amps at 60%(same as my millermatic 252). If I melt it, will let you guys know.
    Miller 250 Dialarc
    Lincoln 180 mig pak
    Lincoln mig pak 100
    Hypertherm Powermax 65
    Everlast 250ex TIG
    Oxy-acet rig
    10"x18" Modern Bandsaw
    Modern 14x40 Lathe

So I never did hear back from Miller.... But, I was at my LWS yesterday, and they had a miller booklet with all there products. Sure enought they listed the duty cycle on the spoolmate 200, with heavy duty barrel was 200 amps @ 60%, so it matches the miller 252 perfectly.

It's funny, I can't find it online or from their tech support, but the booklet at Joe blows welding has the specs.

So far the gun with the barrel work great, and the consumables (tips) are much better on the 300593 barrel, then the factory one. PLus they are super easy to get, as they are the same as the lincoln weldpak tips.
    Miller 250 Dialarc
    Lincoln 180 mig pak
    Lincoln mig pak 100
    Hypertherm Powermax 65
    Everlast 250ex TIG
    Oxy-acet rig
    10"x18" Modern Bandsaw
    Modern 14x40 Lathe