PDA

View Full Version : Mig Gun.....Miller M-10 or Profax 180?

jh225
03-25-2007, 08:12 PM
Which gun is a better quality the M-10 or a Profax 180?

The Profax sure seem more robust.

jamlit
03-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Which gun is a better quality the M-10 or a Profax 180?

The Profax sure seem more robust.

I have never tried the profax but I had a m-10 and replaced it with a binzel. Way better gun then the m-10 and for me it was the same price. The binzel is allot better unit and has the ability to rotate the tip 360 degrees for better control in different positions. I love the binzel.

Should check it out.:)

Doolittle
03-25-2007, 10:50 PM
Yep, Binzel fan here as well. Havent had a bit of trouble with the little alpha 2 Im using. You can get a flex neck for it too..hmm thinking of a new toy :)

aametalmaster
04-10-2007, 09:44 PM
I like the Miller M-15 which looks like the M-10 plus the tips and parts are cheap...Bob

DDA52
04-11-2007, 01:04 AM
Either would be fine. I've used both and they do fine. Parts are easy to find as well. I have recently become a Bernard Q gun convert...very nice. I plan on slowly switching all my guns to Q guns or at the very least, the Tweco #2 and Miller M-25 will get Centerfire conversions.:cool2:

SundownIII
04-11-2007, 07:10 PM
I agree wholeheartly with DDA52. I am a Bernard Q-Gun convert. Exchanged the M25 that came with my MM251 and all I can say is WOW. Better ergonomics, more durable, rotatable neck, and the CenterFire tips are twice as substantial as the miller tips. Both of my other mig's will be getting Bernard guns. I'm that impressed.

DesertRider33
06-23-2007, 11:02 PM
I like the Millermatic 175 we have here, but I dont care much for that M10 torch. It heats up too quick at the higher current settings and then wont feed the wire smoothly, long before the machine reaches it's duty cycle limit. I also don't like the trigger on it, I end up hitting it accidentally alot when I'm wearing thick gloves or go to set the torch down on something. It seems to just stick itself out there waiting to be pressed. LOL.

I've not had occasion to weld with the Profax or Binzel guns spoken of above. I do intend to switch the M10 for a Bernard Q-Gun sometime in the future. I'm intending to switch my other HTP mig machine to the Q-Gun as well, if I can find an adaptor for it. I like that the Q-Gun can be ordered with many different cable lengths, different lengths and shapes of the neck, 2 different handle shapes, and can use different style tips and nozzles. Not too often I get to have something just the way 'I' want it! :D I will probly try the Centerfire style frontend to see if I like it. I use the FasTip style on the torches at work and they work good too. When I order the new suitcase mig welder for the truck, I'm going to try to get it with the Q-Gun right from the get-go, instead of the M10 it comes with.

Steven DeMars
06-23-2007, 11:38 PM
Would appreciate some help. Have new Millermatic 251, still in the box. I do not know how to weld yet, will be taking a class @ the end of August. Just looking for a suggestion on swapping the stock M-25 for a Bernard. If I do, I need a little help picking the right configuration. 95% of what I want weld will be square tube, angle & c-channel. Nothing thicker than 3/16". All carbon steel. I would be building furniture & small garden gates.

I was thinking a short, rotatable 45 degree Bernard.

By the way, since it is still in the box, should I return it and get the NEW 252?

SundownIII
06-27-2007, 01:03 AM
Steven,

Keep the MM251.

Swap the M-25 gun for the Bernard Q-300. The ladies in customer service at Bernard will "talk you through" building your new gun based on what you want to do with it.