PDA

View Full Version : New: Live chatroom and a new moderator

Bob at WeldingMag
03-27-2007, 08:38 PM
All,

At the request of a number of members, we have opened a new chatroom here at WeldingWeb. You'll find it on the home page under "General WeldingWeb Forums." It's a good place to go if you're taking a break and want to engage in some live conversation with other members of the community. It's open to any WeldingWeb member.

To access the chatroom, just click on the forum name and a chat window will open. You can also find "Chat" on our master menu bar, at the top of every webpage here.

I'm also pleased to announce that MicroZone has volunteered to moderate the chatroom. He won't be there all the time, but you can count on his regular presence. He's a good place to start if you have a question about the chatroom or need help.

I hope you'll enjoy the new capability and use it well. I'm sure it will start off with a pretty small group, but overtime I hope it will grow.

Please don't hesitate to let us know what you think.

lorenzo
03-27-2007, 09:08 PM
I'm trying to access the chatroom, I get to the page but the seperate chat window does not open. I'll keep trying..........

MicroZone
03-27-2007, 09:13 PM
Bob, sent you a PM.

I get an error as well Chris, so it's not just your PC. I'm in the other room.

zapster
03-27-2007, 10:23 PM
Can't get in either...
Who has the key to the door???

...zap!

MicroZone
03-27-2007, 11:07 PM
I'm in the new chat now, finally got my admin user site to work. A few others stopped in so don't be shy.

Bob at WeldingMag
03-28-2007, 12:00 AM
I think we have a glitch in the link we provided. We're working on it. Stay tuned...

Frank Chloupek
03-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Other things to note if you're having issues:

Make sure you're logged into the forums first
If links within the chat aren't working, please set any pop-up blockers to allow www.weldingweb.com
The chat is java-based, so you might need to update/download the latest version of the Java Runtime environment here: http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

ZTFab
03-28-2007, 11:19 AM
Congratulations John. I know you'll do a great job.

...and thanks Bob and everyone @ WeldingWeb for providing yet another great addition to this site!!

- Paul

smithboy
03-28-2007, 10:04 PM
:waving: Same here. Glad to have you on board, Micro.:waving:

MicroZone
03-28-2007, 10:10 PM
Thanks fellas, I try to always be as helpful as possible.