PDA

View Full Version : Hobart Or Lincoln?

Whiteymin
04-23-2007, 02:25 PM
I am going to get a new welder. I am looking at the Lincoln Pro Mig 140 and the Hobart Handler 140. Which is best? Which is best warranty? Thanks
Whitey

littlefuzz
04-23-2007, 09:49 PM
My vote is Lincoln but of course everyone has their preferences. I think most all lincolns have a 3 year warrenty.

MAC702
04-23-2007, 10:18 PM
The Hobart has a 5-year warrantee on the transformer and similar parts. 3-year on other parts, 1-yr. on the gun, I think.

Don't know the warrantee on the Lincoln gun, but I think the rest of the machine is a 3-yr.

Anyway, it really comes down to your favorite color or company. Both machines are excellent. Hobart will have superior customer service if you ever do have any problems, with most of them being solved through their WeldTalk forum on their website, something Lincoln doesn't offer.

www.hobartwelders.com/mboard

Doolittle
04-23-2007, 11:53 PM
Lincoln!! heh... Just make sure to replace the gun :p

Roy Hodges
04-24-2007, 01:10 AM
Lincoln replaced the capacitor bank (free) on my S P 250. it was about 5 years old ,at the time . since then, it still welds GREAT. I got it 15 years ago. I love it. of course, it is 250 amps, and computer controled , so easy to set & use, it's ridiculous, just try one , if you can find one.

chrysler tech
05-20-2007, 02:43 AM
I would get the lincoln,all my expierences with miller and hobart have been bad,lincoln sent me many parts for my machines for free,most of these machines were out of warranty,also i seem to here less problems with the lincoln migs.

miller will tell you to go to one of there dealers for parts who really markup the prices on everything and dont give good service unless you purchased the machine from them.just my opinion.

MAC702
05-20-2007, 11:57 AM
You'll find that most of us have had many dealings with Miller and Lincoln and our experiences are the exact opposite of yours.

MicroZone
05-20-2007, 12:10 PM
Which is better Ford or Chevy? Dell or Gateway? Sony or Samsung? It all boils down to user preferences and user experiences. It is good to say that the welders have similar features and similar warranty.

If you value a warranty, Clarke has the best...hands down. I used many of the name brand machines, I prefer Miller. I also own a small Clarke MIG and can't be happier.

chrysler tech
05-20-2007, 12:13 PM
You'll find that most of us have had many dealings with Miller and Lincoln and our experiences are the exact opposite of yours.
There both great machines,I just find the lincoln service to be more helpful,also you can get parts over the phone with lincoln,something miller and hobart dont offer,you will wait longer for miller hobart parts,
but anyhow they are both great machines.

MicroZone
05-20-2007, 12:21 PM
Wait longer for Miller parts? I drive 5 minutes to my LWS and they are ALWAYS in stock. :) Expensive but always in stock. :laugh:

CobraDriver
05-20-2007, 12:36 PM
Hobart as our 24th Vice-President didn't have nearly the influence Lincoln did as President...........so I say Lincoln:p

CD

MAC702
05-20-2007, 12:40 PM
There both great machines,I just find the lincoln service to be more helpful,also you can get parts over the phone with lincoln,something miller and hobart dont offer,you will wait longer for miller hobart parts,
but anyhow they are both great machines.
Again, you'll find that many of us have had opposite experiences. I've personally called Miller and received parts. I guess there's more to all the stories.

Brand X
05-21-2007, 04:03 AM
I like the Lincoln 140 C really well but I also like the Hobart too. I would probably buy the Hobart for one reason. I was able to run it on my little 2300 Yamaha inverter generator. It worked at full output too. Something that choked the passport I tried. I believe the passport might of blew too. I like tapped transformers for running off a generator anyway. The Lincoln will actually weld aluminum with it's cheap 200 dollar spool-gun setup. Not too bad either.

Nice units and flip a coin to pick which one.

littlefuzz
05-21-2007, 05:08 AM
[QUOTE=MicroZone]Which is better Ford or Chevy? Dell or Gateway? Sony or Samsung? QUOTE]

Ford, Gateway, and Sony :p

MicroZone
05-21-2007, 10:57 AM
:laugh:

:laugh:

I prefer GM, HP and LG. :drinkup:

ThunderRobo
05-21-2007, 11:19 AM
Eww guys...

Its all about BMWs, Custom build computers and Panasonic!

Hamrhead
07-03-2007, 12:19 PM
From searching and checking out all options it appears most people prefer Miller and Hobart. Haven't heard many bad things about Lincoln either it just seems many prefer the other two.

loulou61
07-13-2007, 12:33 AM
What about the new Lincoln pro-mig 180. I'm looking at the 180 with the lincoln spool gun made for it (magnum 100SG spool gun ) What's best 180T OR 180C??? tHANKS..

zapster
07-17-2007, 05:40 PM
:sleeping: Hobart :sleeping:

...zap!