PDA

View Full Version : Plasma buggy

fla jim
01-14-2004, 08:57 AM
Here's the buggy I made for my plasma cutter. I got the idea from Dave Haak.

fla jim
01-14-2004, 09:02 AM
I added a motorguard air filter, and a cheap prefilter to lengthen the life of the Motorguard filter element.
for you guys that have or getting a plasma cutter I remommend the Motorguard filter. Just a little bit of moisture in the air really eats up tips. I live in Florida, the humidity capital of the US. I fight moisture in my air system.
Here's the pre-filter

fla jim
01-14-2004, 09:03 AM
Here's the Motorguard filter

rodburner
01-14-2004, 08:59 PM
hey Jim how's the duty cycle on that machine and is it the miller375,lookin into buyin a plasma machine but haven't decided on which type i want. does that one have its own airsupply? Never cut with one and only seen one work once awhile back. I seen enuff to know i want that to be my next toy lol any info would be appreciated

fla jim
01-14-2004, 10:00 PM
Yes, its the Spectrum 375. The duty cycle is 35% @ 27 amps. It has me spoiled. I haven't used my Cutting torch in a long time. I connect to The Magic garage air system. You can see the filters setup in the photos. Cuts on 1/4" aluminum diamond plate looks like it was sheared. I've cut 1/2" Hot rolled with it looks about same as a torch.
When you get one, you wish you would got it years ago.

1grnlwn
01-14-2004, 11:05 PM
Nice cart. I have that same filter. My welding supplier said that everyone uses toilet paper rolls for elements after they change out the original. I just recently added a desiccant dryer in line when I installed my new compressor. I attached my plasma to my welder. I mounted two receptacles on the back so I can run either with one cord. Since I can only run one at a time there will be no load problems.

Tol
01-15-2004, 10:48 PM
great cart!
Your dogs head is bigger than my labs chest.

MetalBob
10-23-2006, 12:05 PM
Great plasma cart.

Have you any experience or opinions in regard to ESAB plasma cutters?

waternut
10-23-2006, 01:53 PM
Hi Jim,

Not to Hi-jack the thread but I saw your plasma project and noticed you live in central FL. I just moved to brevard county near Melbourne and was wondering if you know of a metal supply company. I am looking for plate as well as square and round tube, mild steel, nothing exotic, just your typical metal for house and garage projects. I have been striking out, as I really don't have any contacts in this area. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks,

Chris