PDA

View Full Version : Ward's PowerKraft 230 ARC

molongneck
09-29-2007, 01:36 PM
I have a Ward's PowerKraft that I am unable to find any info on. Does anyone know about these machines? Maybe someone has an owners manual for one somewhere? Anything will helpful.

tresi
09-29-2007, 10:29 PM
I have one. Got it at a pawn shop 20 years ago. No manual came with it. I haven't used it in the last 2 years but it's never given me any problems. Plug it in, make sure the fan still works and start burning rod. Is there anything in particular that you're need to know about it?

molongneck
09-30-2007, 10:58 AM
Not really. I just thought if anyone had info to share I'd like to know. I've used it and it works great.

tresi
09-30-2007, 01:43 PM
Glad it works for you. Now I got a question. Before I moved I stripped and repainted mine. I didn't have time to re label ground, low and high taps. I could take the cover off or plug it in and get a meter and figure it out. If yours is still labeled please tell me which tap is which.

molongneck
10-02-2007, 02:36 PM
From top to bottom; high, low, ground. I've got to put some paint on mine as well. A project for another day, they just keep adding up.

tresi
10-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Thanks that what I thought it was. Nothing like getting back to a 90% finished project a year and a 1/2 later. I don't always remember that long any more.

Chad Acheson
01-23-2016, 08:42 PM
i have one,on high it says for 6013. is this a higher open voltage tap or just a higher range tap on the the transformer {current}

ccawgc
02-01-2016, 03:39 AM
Look over the front of the welder. see if there is a line of text that has specs about the welder and a model number. Post any serial number, model number or code/spec number you find. and post a clear picture of the welder. from this we might be able to figure out who made it for power craft and what the sister model is and a owners manual.
looking for a 110-xxx number. If you don't want to post all the numbers you can send them to me by private message.