PDA

View Full Version : problem with my hyperthern 800

Treece
08-23-2012, 01:34 PM
my hypertherm unit is about 15-20 yrs old i guess two days ago it was working fine yesterday i was on my last sheet of metal and started the machine to cut well all it would do was blow gas/air out of the head well i had a guy come in to look at it and we replaced the power arc relay well that didnt fix it so we then replaced the contactor assembly today well that didnt fix it its still blowing just air when i tell it to cut please help thank you

duaneb55
08-23-2012, 08:07 PM
First of all, stop pokin' & hopin' by just changing parts and contact Hypertherm Customer Service that can walk you thru troubleshooting the machine.

At the very least go here http://hypertherm.com/en-us/Service/Manuals/ and download the Service Manual and go thru it.

mechanic416
08-23-2012, 09:57 PM
(its still blowing just air when i "tell" it to cut please help thank you)

I told my powermax45 to cut once it went :p You have to talk nice too them

ccawgc
08-24-2012, 01:21 AM
Try backing the cap off about 1/8 turn. If the cap is on to tight The electrode gets jammed in the swirl ring and it won't move. Your repair guy should have performed a torch test that uses an ohm meter to see the electrode move, when the gas test button is pressed. Also need to test for open circuit voltage and current flow in the torch. Be safe, very high voltage could be present.

Treece
08-29-2012, 05:20 PM
thanks fellows what is was the service tech didnt take the torch apart the first time and when he had to come back he did and found out that one of the wires had came loose causing it not to make a connection thanks for the advice anyways i appericate it have a good day