PDA

View Full Version : How is this for customer service

Pat
06-05-2004, 03:13 AM
A few weeks ago I received my new Uni-Hydro 42-14 Ironworker that I ordered direct from Uni-Hydro because my local Uni-Hydro authorized dealer had not returned my call with a price quote after approx 6 weeks. Anyways, the ironworker was delivered by Roadway and it arrived with significant damage to the punch housing area. Roadway did document the damage and a week later sent a damage inspector to confirm the damage, and I expect that I will be receiving a damage payment from them soon. After it arrived I contacted Uni-Hydro and explained the mishap to an employee there named Greg. After sending Greg some photos of the damage, he shipped me the needed replacement parts, and even included some touch up paint. I was then shocked when he told me that he would not require any money at that time and would give me 30 days to pay which should be enough time to receive the damage payment from Roadway. My hat is off to Uni-Hydro and their excellent customer service. I just felt that with so many bad customer service experiences I have read or heard about, that I needed to relay my experience. I know that claims can sometimes take quite a while to get processed, and feel that Roadway is also doing a good job. One of Uni-Hydro's slogans is "a cut above the rest", and this is one of the most truthful statements I have encountered in a long time. I have no business interests with Uni-Hydro other than being a satisfied customer, and this message was not solicited by them or anyone else. Now, if you want to talk about poor customer service, I am still waiting for my brother the industrial electrician to show up and do the wiring so I can start playing.

vipermanz
06-05-2004, 04:24 AM
sounds like you found a quality company, support is 90% IMO

david_r
06-05-2004, 04:28 AM
I guess I'm a "glass is half empty" kinda guy --

We get so used to receiving crappy customer service that when we receive adequate service, it seems like the greatest thing in the world.

I'd expect Uni-hydro to do exactly what they did and never expect payment from you for the replacement parts. They should be coordinating the claim of loss with Roadway, not you. There are only two entities involved in this situation that could be responsible for the damage -- Uni-hydro and Roadway. Either the product was not packaged adequately or the carrier was negligent.

The resolution of the issue is between them. As an affected third party, neither company should hold your new toy hostage while they determine fault because, in the end, one or the other is going to pay, not you.

Now if you ordered this thing FOB, that's a whole different can of worms ....