PDA

View Full Version : StuckChuck

vipermanz
06-10-2004, 04:25 AM
The chuck on my hf drill press crapped out on me, it was a real struggle to use the key to open and close it, it said on the chuck itself Jt 33, so i went to grizzly and ordered this one http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=G8225

the funny thing abou it is, i never had a problem with it falling off.....:rolleyes:

Newb
06-10-2004, 01:33 PM
I recently went out and got a wicked cool Jacobs 14N Ball Bearing chuck. Dang sweet she is. Grips it like some of the chicks I used to date when I was in school :)

I will never buy another chinkinese piece of crap tool again.

vipermanz
06-10-2004, 03:27 PM
i looked and found the cheapest jacobs ball bearing chuck was $260, i'll see how this one works for me.

if it craps up, i'll just get a new drill press

Newb
06-10-2004, 10:26 PM
got mine for $70 :) you need to find another source :)

Sandy
06-11-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by vipermanz
The chuck on my hf drill press crapped out on me, it was a real struggle to use the key to open and close it, it said on the chuck itself Jt 33, so i went to grizzly and ordered this one http://www.grizzly.com/products/item.cfm?itemnumber=G8225

the funny thing abou it is, i never had a problem with it falling off.....:rolleyes:

Mine is HF, about 10 years old max. It started the same thing a while back. Locking up when I went to open it up or tighten it either one. Next time would go like it should. Felt like something was loose or chipped inside!?!? I soaked it in light oil. It's doing better. That's all I can say is--------better.

Mine only drops out when you are the absolute busiest and in the worst mood. Otherwise it does great.

vipermanz
06-11-2004, 04:11 AM
Originally posted by Newb
got mine for $70 :) you need to find another source :)

where did you get THaT lucky??

That's the truth Sandy, It had fallen off once, and i already wasnt in a good mood...... i got it off easy though. i used the air hammer!!

Newb
06-11-2004, 10:59 PM
MSC :) Was just on sale and could not pass it up.

vipermanz
06-12-2004, 03:16 AM
i'll have the new one monday, maybe i'll have good luck with it