PDA

View Full Version : Hobart or clarke ?

stevinator
11-27-2007, 12:08 AM
Hobart and Clarke have comparable fluxcore only welders in the 125 ez and clarke 95.The ez says a single knob adjustment and clarke has a little better warranty.They are about the same price in my area so that doesn't matter too much.Which one do you guys like from a users standpoint? I don't know anyone who has one of these models.

MAC702
11-27-2007, 05:23 AM
Wow. What's the warranty on a Clarke?

In this size of machine, 125A v. 95A would make a huge difference. Is that really the top end of the Clarke?

If you go to the Weld Talk forum at www.hobartwelders.com, you'll find some very detailed reviews from users of the 125 EZ, including from Dan, a guy who's tested just about every MIG machine made in the last twenty years.

tommyj3
11-27-2007, 06:25 PM
If I were you I woudn't even look at the fluxcore only Hobart 125EZ or the Clarke 95. I would compare the Hobart 125 and the Clarke 130EN, because you can run fluxcore or solid wire with gas on these two machines. Price varies on this welders, so shop around for the best prices.

With this being said I have a Clarke 130EN and I am very happy with this welder. IMHO

MicroZone
11-27-2007, 07:26 PM
I agree with tommy. I also have the 130EN as one of my 110v welders and it does everything I throw at it. The Hobarts are nice as well but I enjoy having a longer warranty on stuff.

stevinator
11-27-2007, 10:19 PM
Mac I just thought they were about the same because the hobart says 20% at 90 amps and the clarke 20% at 95.I didn't look at the max. Clarke has a 10/2 warranty on their welders.I was just thinking of one for hobby and don't think I have to have gas or weld aluminum or anything.I don't do buggy or car work or anything.If I do this I don't want to get a hf fluxecore 90 if you know what I mean.

KSellon
01-17-2008, 10:47 AM
Where do you get the Clarkes repaired, and where do you find liners and consumables? The Hobarts carry a 3 year warranty and can be taken to a Miller Service Center for warranty and non warranty repairs. Where are Clarke welders built?

MicroZone
01-17-2008, 11:30 AM
The consumables are standard Tweco. I posted the information before and if I remember correctly, they are built in Italy. I was built in Italy and I held up pretty good. ;) Clarke has service centers all over the US. Their corporate headquarters is HUGE. I still love my Miller machines though...

KSellon
01-18-2008, 07:11 PM
I have customers come in daily looking for this info, so it is very helpful. Thank you.

stevinator
01-19-2008, 06:49 PM
I ended up with the 125 ez for a christmas present and I'm real happy with it so far.I have a little 110 stick welder and it doesn't even compare power wise to the 125.If I need aluminum welded or something heavy I have access to bigger machines at work and some friends who use the stuff all the time.That way I don't have to keep all the different wires and worry about gas bottles and stuff.Also welding depot carries clarke equipment and parts and they are reputable.

Whiteymin
01-24-2008, 05:15 PM
Steveinator,

Hey there. I have the Clarke 95 Mig Welder and the Clarke 125 mig welder along with a couple other welders. (Lincoln, and Hobart). I can tell you that I was totally shocked when I welded with the Clarke 95. It done such a great job. It had that tight, crisp, buzzing bacon frying sound to it. I also after writing Clarke, found out that the Clarke Mig 95 has a top end of 102 amps and stated that it waS VERY Powerful for its size and very comparable to the Clarkes of bigger size. I can also tell you that the Clarke welders do a fantastic job. I love them so much I bought the Clarke 125 (which Clarke stated was the same unit as the 130 Clarkes.) I think you would not only save a few dollars, but also have a solid 110 volt welder! Go for it, get the Clarke. You won't be dissapointed. I also have a new Clarke 95 model for sale on the weld talk board/
Whitey

stevinator
01-24-2008, 11:23 PM
Whitey I had compared the clarke 95 and hobart 125ez in the earlier thread because they were both fluxcore and 110.I ended up with the hobart and I really like it. I do have a small 110 clarke stick welder.It is underpowered naturally, compared to a 220 model. But it has taken a good beating for a year and with clarkes warranty and quality from what I have seen I wouldn't be afraid of any of their products. Or Hobarts for that matter.

Whiteymin
01-25-2008, 09:50 AM
Stevinator,

Hey I don't think you can go wrong with either. Congratulations on the Hobart 125. From the abundance of reveiws I have read, everybody loves them. The latest I heard on them was that they were much stronger than what was expected of them. Yes Clarke does have a better warranty, but I also know that HObart as you know has "A" number 1 customer service. So you can't go wrong. So let us know how well she is doing and your impression of her. Thanks
Whitey

longevity-inc.com
01-31-2008, 02:29 AM
I personally like Hobart a lot more than Clarke because of their service and the feel of their units. I used the airforce 625 before and it cut very well, but the cost on the unit is not cheap. We have a dealer of ours who houses all major manufacturers and i must say Hobart Plasma Cutters are very sturdy, but pricey.