PDA

View Full Version : Jobs in Grand Rapids

Go1lum
12-04-2007, 11:08 AM
Does anyone know of any welding job opportunites in the grand rapids michigan area?

aczeller
12-07-2007, 11:15 AM
ever tried Steelcase? i think thier shop is still open in the area. i have found that if you type in the field (welding in this case) and the area (Grand Rapids) into Google, it will come up with a bunch of companies that do that sort of stuff... i have had better luck with finding jobs thru company websites than with careerbuilder, monster, or anything like that. it makes the company think that you want to work for THEIR company, rather than ANY company that is looking for a welder. plus, with the smaller audience of the posting, you ahve a better chance of getting it.

Later,
Andy

obewan
03-06-2008, 01:30 PM
I was a welding engineer there once. It seems like most of the welding is robotic resistance spot welding on sheet metal. I did get some calls from a few temp agencies about hands on welding jobs. They only offered $13 an hour, and required out of position pipe type skills. I was an automation guy, and probably would have busted out on the test. I found about 3 times that pay rate by sticking with welding engineering.

obewan
03-13-2008, 09:43 AM
For a heavy welding fab job you could try K&M Manufacturing in Cassopolis. They build stuff for heavy equipment I think. It is custom build to print stuff. They do a lot of heavy cutting and robotic welding though. They probably do automated submerged arc too. I have seen welding engineer and welding forman jobs posted recently. I interviewed for a welding engineer slot there in 2003.