PDA

View Full Version : What resperator?

Josh705
12-04-2007, 11:24 PM
I need to get a respiratory, but which kind should I get? It would be used for welding(no galv), concrete dust, grinding dust. Any suggestions?

Rick Moran
12-05-2007, 12:03 PM
http://www.coopersafety.com/department/56/Respirators.aspx

Check these guys out. They have different types for different applications.

Josh705
12-05-2007, 04:38 PM
Ill take a look thanks

WANNAWELD
12-12-2007, 09:57 AM
http://store.cyberweld.com/3mwereaswiod.html

im probably going to get this one

Burnit
12-12-2007, 08:28 PM
Those are standard issue at our company. They are pretty comfortable, I dont like the way they fit under my helmet but it does fit. Definitly noticed the difference right away though. I can crawl in to certain spots and dump 3/32"
flux core and Im breathin easy. All you can smell is the mask.

Alot of guys dont wear them, and I think it was over at the hobart forum some guys are just such manly men that they say you dont need them. But I mean why not wear it. its not gonna hurt.

Josh705
12-12-2007, 08:48 PM
Alot of guys dont wear them, and I think it was over at the hobart forum some guys are just such manly men that they say you dont need them. But I mean why not wear it. its not gonna hurt.

You not going to be that manly when you have to breath with a oxygen tank and your lungs look like you poked holes in them, be a man and were the respirator.

And do you have any problems with safety glasses fogging up when you were it?

WANNAWELD
12-13-2007, 09:48 AM
Those are standard issue at our company. They are pretty comfortable, I dont like the way they fit under my helmet but it does fit. Definitly noticed the difference right away though. I can crawl in to certain spots and dump 3/32"
flux core and Im breathin easy. All you can smell is the mask.

How often do you have to replace the filters?

aametalmaster
12-13-2007, 01:17 PM
Here is what i wear for welding galv, flux core, oily steel and plasma cutting. Wish i had worn it years ago instead of carrying a puffer in my pocket now...Bob

WANNAWELD
12-13-2007, 04:24 PM
does that fit under you helmet?

Burnit
12-13-2007, 06:21 PM
do you have any problems with safety glasses fogging up when you were it?

I dont, some at work do, I keep that thing clamped on pretty tight.

As far as changing the filters, it depends. The 3M website describes the way they work and it basically says the dirtier it gets the more it filters. Eventually it just gets harder to brethe then I change it. it takes a while though, Im guessing 2 weeks? a month?

Josh705
12-13-2007, 10:21 PM
I am going to get that one, thanks for the help

Josh