PDA

View Full Version : Question for Giant Guy & GiantTech users

Rocko
02-03-2008, 03:46 PM
I have a question for the Gianttech guy.

I am going to buy a plasma cutter in about 2 months and my research has me interested in your Cut50 and/or a 3 in 1 unit arc/plasma/tig . I guess I have arrived at this point based on the fact that I have yet to see a negitive comment by anyone who has actually bought and/or used your product.

Now my question.. Is it at all possible for you to post some actual pics of the inside of the Cut50 and/or the 3 in 1 unit? I can provide you with an email address if you rather send them there.. when it it comes to that amount of money I have to see what makes it tic. I had to see the inside of my computer before i bought it, seen the inside of a Lincoln 180t welder before I bought one.

Guess I'm just weird that way.. also if anyone actually owns or has used a Giant Tech machine I would like to hear your input.

PLEASE if you have never used the machines I refer to and just have an opinion you can save some time because I have already read them and found them entertaining but now I would like to see some facts and hands on knowledge and some pics of the inside if possible.

Thanks

GiantTechGuy
02-03-2008, 05:35 PM
I have a question for the Gianttech guy.

I am going to buy a plasma cutter in about 2 months and my research has me interested in your Cut50 and/or a 3 in 1 unit arc/plasma/tig . I guess I have arrived at this point based on the fact that I have yet to see a negitive comment by anyone who has actually bought and/or used your product.

Now my question.. Is it at all possible for you to post some actual pics of the inside of the Cut50 and/or the 3 in 1 unit? I can provide you with an email address if you rather send them there.. when it it comes to that amount of money I have to see what makes it tic. I had to see the inside of my computer before i bought it, seen the inside of a Lincoln 180t welder before I bought one.

Guess I'm just weird that way.. also if anyone actually owns or has used a Giant Tech machine I would like to hear your input.

PLEASE if you have never used the machines I refer to and just have an opinion you can save some time because I have already read them and found them entertaining but now I would like to see some facts and hands on knowledge and some pics of the inside if possible.

Thanks

Right now I am out of stock in the cut50s. I will have some the 1st part of March , I hope!
I think there are some GiantTech owners here on this board.
Give me a few days and I'll snap some pics of the ct416 guts.

Rocko
02-04-2008, 12:23 AM
Thanks

longevity-inc.com
02-04-2008, 12:38 AM
Hey Rocko,

We have the units in stock. Go to our forums and see what we offer. In fact, if you are not satisfied with the unit, we will cover all shipping costs.

We also offer free shipping right now. We have sold thousands of units.

Call us toll free 1-877-566-4462

Thanks

Tailshaft56
02-04-2008, 01:30 AM
I won't comment but to reccommend you put plenty of stock into Larry's (Giant Tech Guy) reputation with the members of this board. One more thing. GTG didn't sign up here to troll from customers. IIRC While one could glean from his posts that he was a seller of the an import cutter he wasn't on here hawking his. Only after one of his customers started a thread to say how pleased he was with the cut 50 and where it came from did we really find out who Larry was. Like I said before I was ready to order one when I found a used Esab.

GiantTechGuy
02-13-2008, 10:49 PM
GiantTech is PROUD to announce that all our machines now come with a THREE year limited warranty:
One year parts ( torch, ground clamp-leads, switches, air regulator, etc.)
One year labor
THREE YEARS electronic components! :blob1:

InTexas
02-15-2008, 04:09 PM
I have one of Larry's machines, a Cut40D. I purchased it on Aug. 15 2007. It has performed just as Larry claims, GREAT. When I did have a problem it was resolved with a phone call and Larry overnighted the part to me on nickle. I use this machine about twice a week, it still works like new.

I chose GiantTech for the reasons you pointed out, I could not find a negative comment about his products or service.

I am not affiliated with Larry in any way other than being a well satisfied customer.

weldgault
02-15-2008, 05:42 PM
I though this site was about asking and answering welding questions, not about import machines. John :angry:

GiantTechGuy
02-15-2008, 11:07 PM
Hi InTexas,

Great to see you here.

Post some pictures of your projects please.

Glad you're liking your plasma.

How about a cnc machine now?

Regards, Larry

tortis
02-16-2008, 12:22 AM
I though this site was about asking and answering welding questions, not about import machines. John :angry:

too much rain keeping you from playing golf:)

Rocko
02-20-2008, 12:24 AM

I'm pretty sure I posted this under "OTHER MANUFACTURER" and didn't see any restrictions on asking a question about an import.

Didn't mean to offend anyone but I guess I have an odd way of learning, I ask questions to educate myself.

GiantTechGuy
02-20-2008, 08:44 PM
I just received a few sample machines ( Cut40 220volt ) from a new factory. I am impressed, cut 1/2" mild steel quite nice. Came with a full 16.5 foot torch. Any one interested can pm me , I have a special price on them.

Me!
02-20-2008, 08:53 PM
How about a cnc machine now?

Regards, Larry

Ah, what you got? :cool:

GiantTechGuy
06-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Thanks

Rocko, Just wondering what you finally ended up with?

joebiplane
08-23-2008, 10:34 PM
hey rocco,
I'm like you... so i went with Longevity because they have a dealer within 20 minutes of my home. I got to see i,t touch it ,try it...and look inside it... What more can a guy ask..except.. my dealer didn't have the unit I want in stock so it is on order: ( ok so you can't have everything)
joe

GiantTechGuy
08-24-2008, 06:10 PM
hey rocco,
I'm like you... so i went with Longevity because they have a dealer within 20 minutes of my home. I got to see i,t touch it ,try it...and look inside it... What more can a guy ask..except.. my dealer didn't have the unit I want in stock so it is on order: ( ok so you can't have everything)
joe

Good luck with that 160P you getting! Not to rain on your parade but they have a poor history, somewhere around a 50% failure rate. I always suggest getting a stand alone plasma if you're wanting an AC/DC tig.
GOOD LUCK!