PDA

View Full Version : GiantTech Expert Cut40 Plasma Cutter

mr2turbo7
03-12-2008, 02:10 PM
Machine: GianTech Expert Cut40 (240v only) I opted for the 240v only model as it was cheaper and I have 240V where ever I need it.

Price of machine purchased and shipped with added consumables was $425.

shipping was extremely fast as I am accross the country. I ordered the machine on March 5th the item was shipped the 6th and I recieved it on March 11th. The packaging was an A+ as there was styromfoam on both ends and he put packaging popcorn in the boax as well.

I open the box and everything was accounted for including; Plasma cutter unit, Torch and lead, positive clamp, Air decompressor and fittings, instructions, and my extra consumables I ordered. There is not a scratch on the machine. I went to the store to purchase the style plug I needed for the outlet in my shop and a 1/4" NPT quick connect for the air hose. I give the machine the twice over (looked it over to make sure everything was correct) to my knowledge, the swirl ring was not in the torch. That was because the cup came off during shipping I am ssuming, as it was in the bottom of the box. Hooked up the compressor and fired her up. She cuts like a charm.

I have used 2 different Hypertherms and a Miller. This torch actually suprised me it seems to cut just as well so far. Material used for testing was 10 ga. (1/8") It cut 6" long in no time.

Pro's:
Great customer service and response
Small and extra light weight
easily remove torch and cables for transporting easier,
Uber cost efficient so far
excelent cutting quality (smoothe edges and little "slag")
cost efficient consumables

Cons
I believe the consumables will be consumed a bit faster
It doesnt say "Miller"
LWS doesnt have the consumables and such on hand (maybe i will find alternatives in the brand name equipment.)

recomendations to Giant Guy is to get this machine on your website fast. It could be a hot seller on your website.

Overall opinion of this machine is a positive so far.

GiantTechGuy
03-16-2008, 11:14 AM
Machine: GianTech Expert Cut40 (240v only) I opted for the 240v only model as it was cheaper and I have 240V where ever I need it.

Price of machine purchased and shipped with added consumables was $425.

shipping was extremely fast as I am accross the country. I ordered the machine on March 5th the item was shipped the 6th and I recieved it on March 11th. The packaging was an A+ as there was styromfoam on both ends and he put packaging popcorn in the boax as well.

I open the box and everything was accounted for including; Plasma cutter unit, Torch and lead, positive clamp, Air decompressor and fittings, instructions, and my extra consumables I ordered. There is not a scratch on the machine. I went to the store to purchase the style plug I needed for the outlet in my shop and a 1/4" NPT quick connect for the air hose. I give the machine the twice over (looked it over to make sure everything was correct) to my knowledge, the swirl ring was not in the torch. That was because the cup came off during shipping I am ssuming, as it was in the bottom of the box. Hooked up the compressor and fired her up. She cuts like a charm.

I have used 2 different Hypertherms and a Miller. This torch actually suprised me it seems to cut just as well so far. Material used for testing was 10 ga. (1/8") It cut 6" long in no time.

Pro's:
Great customer service and response
Small and extra light weight
easily remove torch and cables for transporting easier,
Uber cost efficient so far
excelent cutting quality (smoothe edges and little "slag")
cost efficient consumables

Cons
I believe the consumables will be consumed a bit faster
It doesnt say "Miller"
LWS doesnt have the consumables and such on hand (maybe i will find alternatives in the brand name equipment.)

recomendations to Giant Guy is to get this machine on your website fast. It could be a hot seller on your website.

Overall opinion of this machine is a positive so far.

Esab PT-31 torch parts will fit.

David R
03-16-2008, 11:25 AM
Look here

http://www.arc-zone.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=8_92

mr2turbo7
03-17-2008, 12:48 PM
awesome! thanks