PDA

View Full Version : Head vs. Iron Bar

tanglediver
07-18-2008, 11:36 PM
I dunn krackted mee numskull.

Photo link. (http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w191/tanglediver/P7180009.jpg)

Last thing I remember was walking around the side of the garage, and then, BING!!! :dizzy: I forgot to duck under an iron bar sticking out where it should not have been.

Took me a good 10 or 15 minutes just to get the bleeding to stop. Thankfully, it was not spurting blood! Yeah for me, wah, wah, wah. :rolleyes:

DSW
07-19-2008, 12:26 AM
Don't do that! It will hurt. :nono: Oh BTW "DUCK!!" :laugh:

TozziWelding
07-19-2008, 01:18 AM
The iron/steel almost always wins.

chenry
07-19-2008, 01:59 AM
i ran face first at full speed into a basement post trimmed sqaure with wood in the absolute dark

long story why

left a good dent and 8 stiches in my head

never seen lights that bright :blob3:

TEK
07-19-2008, 03:12 AM
Dandog, bud, thats gonna leave a mark......

Scars are tattoos with a story----but keep it a short book, eh?

zapster
07-19-2008, 07:15 AM
You only do that once...

...zap!

mrmikey
07-19-2008, 07:49 AM
You only do that once...
I've done similar things to which the wife will ask "Why the hell did you do that?"
To which my standard reply is "But it feels so good when I stop"
Needless to say it's a quite weekend after that conversation.....Mike

littlefuzz
07-19-2008, 09:07 AM
a few week ago we got a rental forklift at work,one of those little ones. I was in one of my balls to the wall kinda moods and was slingin some weld. I got ready to carry what I was workin on to the paint booth and I ran, jumped on the forklift and BAM!!!!! I still have a knot on my head

MoonRise
07-19-2008, 12:44 PM
Head wounds bleed. Lots.

Head vs steel bar, steel bar wins.

Glad you're (mostly) OK.

Sandy
07-19-2008, 01:32 PM
The real damage :dizzy: from blows to the head aren't always immediately apparent. :)

We'll be watching. :waving:

mrmikey
07-19-2008, 02:46 PM
a few week ago we got a rental forklift at work,one of those little ones
Makes me feel better that I'm not the only klutz. Did the same thing, hurt the 'ole noggin but not as much as it did the neck. That lasted for....damn near a week...Mike

tresi
07-19-2008, 04:46 PM
steel cost too much these days to use it head bashing. Seriously take care of that.

denrep
07-19-2008, 06:21 PM
Wow Tanglediver, You took that like a real trooper.
The tough one's done, you'd probably hardly feel another wack or two.

Have you ever considered a second career as a political activist? :laugh:

StillBoostin
07-19-2008, 06:44 PM
Wow Tanglediver, You took that like a real trooper.
The tough one's done, you'd probably hardly feel another wack or two.

Have you ever considered a second career as a political activist?
I wouldn't mind going to an event with you; at least I'd know you ‘aint gonna buckle for the first baton crack. :laugh:

Maybe CraigInDenver could tell us how things are looking for the upcoming pep rally in his town. :laugh:

Funny. Politics and welding don't mix in the shop. That's how people get blows to the head.... or set on fire.

Don't feel bad Tanglediver. I've done many late night engine installs and it never seems to fail, that I crack my head on that 2"x3" engine lift/crane. It's taken me to one knee a way times. Don't you hate when you taste blood.LOL

James

ridgerunner
07-20-2008, 06:03 PM
Ouch...gotta love it when ya hit so hard your ears start ringing and your nose and eyes start running.was putting the finishing touches on a trunk floor yesterday ,took my hood off and started to stand up/walk at the same time...kinda forgot about the damn car and four post lift that was above the car i was working on.....i swear i,d rather be attacked with a baseball bat then run into something with my own inertia behind it...just about knocked me back to the ground.

some aspirin and a six pack later all was better tho
jason

down19992000
07-20-2008, 08:24 PM
a few years ago at work me and this boy i work with were walking backing from the break room and one of the other employees was making a bunch of noise hootin and hollering well my friend is staring at him as we start walking in front of a weld booth and he didnt see the hoist hanging about 6ft 3inches in the air because it dead centered him straight in the forehead he hit his knees. in between laughing i asked him if he was alright he said something to the effect of mbbrrrboohhhh oh man that hurt. the bottom part of the hoist that hit him weighs about 15 lbs. it was even funnier once i realized he was alright. he got to laugh at me a few weeks later i was sitting in a computer chair and leaned over to pick up something i dropped well apparently i went a little to far and the chair kicked out from under me and i did a face plant into the floor. good thing i just hit my head not anything important

mnm4l1f3
07-20-2008, 08:35 PM
seems like we need an eye on our forehead

http://www.halloweencostumes4u.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000003/68814.jpg

weldbead
08-04-2008, 02:21 PM
id say some 1/16 skin rod at 40 amps will fix that

tanglediver
08-04-2008, 03:58 PM
Hmmm, or maybe Abdul's Cactus Remedy! :D
http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w191/tanglediver/photo_Tonic1.jpg
Oh, it's much better now, thanks! I would have preferred some 316 stainless steel staples or stitches, they were just too expensive. I took two aspirin, a picture, and posted my results on the internet! ;) Nyuk, Nyuk, Nyuk! :laugh: