PDA

View Full Version : Hobart G-213

kolot
10-07-2008, 10:13 PM
Any body know about the Hobart G-213, I picked one up and it has a 2 cylinder Wisconsin, weak spark on 1 cylinder and no compression. I have not torn into it yet but don/t think it will be a problem to get running. question is , where mignt I get parts for this old beast and how old might it be. I figure around 25 years. Is there a source for the old welder electronics if I need them. I will try and post pictures if I get a chance.

metalworker
10-08-2008, 11:13 PM
Hi. First I like to know what model of engine are . Mine is mod T F 1954 twin. Check the valve adjustment should have 0.013" . for more details you can make contact with Tom Wooding tomwooding@wisconsinmotors.com wisconsinmotorscanada@gmail.com or website@continentalengines.com If your engine are mod T F I can send to you the parts catalog via e-mail . Have you seen mine? www.flickr.com/photos/cacahuatito and www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xtwQ83LNro

weldersales
10-11-2008, 10:04 AM
Wisconsin made two engines for this welder, THD and TJD. One had 180 crank and the other 360. Early models had distributor and later had mag like the one in previous photo.
Early models had external starter, later units used welder itself to start machine, that is why the two batteries on top. weldersales

kolot
10-11-2008, 11:34 PM
The mag is a Fairbanks Morse , anyone know where I can get a new Cap/cover and points and condenser?

metalworker
10-12-2008, 02:18 AM
Wisconsin made two engines for this welder, THD and TJD. One had 180 crank and the other 360. Early models had distributor and later had mag like the one in previous photo.
Early models had external starter, later units used welder itself to start machine, that is why the two batteries on top. weldersales

I guess you haven't seen my photos of my generator welder on flickr. The tag say very clear motor T F. I invite to you check it out.

metalworker
10-12-2008, 02:20 AM
The mag is a Fairbanks Morse , anyone know where I can get a new Cap/cover and points and condenser?

You may contact to Bill Lopoulos blopoulos@aol.com magnetos and ignitors

kolot
10-22-2008, 10:14 PM
Got the valve unstuck, cleaned the points , set timing and fired right up. runs very smooth , fairly quiet and puts out a ton of power for welding, Also generates power for lights and tools. A good buy for $325.