PDA

View Full Version : Site was down

ebaran
03-14-2013, 10:21 AM
Our data center in Dallas suffered a power outage while maintenance work was being done on the electrical systems and the site went down for several hours last night, and was unavailable until after 8am this morning. As you notice, :waving: We are back up. We apologize for any inconvenience.

WeldRite
03-14-2013, 10:34 AM
Somebody stuck a srewdriver where it didn't belong? :D

Nice to see it back.

kidtigger24
03-14-2013, 11:12 AM
I figured a welding website, you would have a Miller Trailblazer as a UPS for the servers. :D

Glad to see it wasn't anything serious.

kidtigger24

Frank Chloupek
03-14-2013, 11:15 AM
One of the UPSs started smoking. Data centers don't get happy when someone does a hard reboot.

zapster
03-14-2013, 02:21 PM
And the screen told me to "Check Back In A Few Minutes"...:laugh:

...zap!

Oldendum
03-14-2013, 02:36 PM
Somebody stuck a srewdriver where it didn't belong? :D...

My Dad did that once. Oops. Took down a TV station that was broadcasting a college playoff game. I wonder if I still have that screwdriver.

I hope admin has posted "No Smoking" signs in the server room. :laugh:

rlitman
03-14-2013, 02:37 PM
Our data center in Dallas suffered a power outage while maintenance work was being done on the electrical systems and the site went down for several hours last night, and was unavailable until after 8am this morning. As you notice, :waving: We are back up. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Well, that's why we do UPS maintenance at night, but this isn't your first experience with this sort of issue. I'm not complaining about this site's uptime (seriously, it is absolutely fantastic for something I don't pay for), but one would think that procedures would be more closely thought out after your last issue.