PDA

View Full Version : Another Bobcat Bucket

kolot
12-05-2008, 12:59 AM
repair job, using the LN-25 CC, I have just about got i dailed in and bet the CV would be real nice to use but I don't have it on any of my machines. The bead next to the dime is 7018 stick. I just got a used Ideal arc and am trying to find the sweet spot on that one to.
Bucket is sitting on my aluminum saw horses that can be carried with 1 hand easily.

STwelder
12-05-2008, 03:29 AM
Kolot so far looking good, keep posting. Looks like a nice side job your doing at home.

David R
12-05-2008, 07:04 AM
Those are nice jobs. Everything is reasonably square and easy to fit.

Looking good, more pics!

David :)

MoonRise
12-05-2008, 11:08 AM
Bucket repair? There's no bottom left to repair! :laugh:

Watching to see how it all turns out ...

farmersamm
12-05-2008, 11:23 AM
Looks like nice welding.

What causes the bottom to rust in the back like that? Is it due to leaving it tilted up for long periods where moisture collects?

lugweld
12-05-2008, 11:31 AM
Looks like poultry litter killed it.:laugh: I am not talking about your weld appearance.:laugh::laugh:

welderShane
12-05-2008, 01:01 PM
Looking good so far!! Keep posting pics!

kolot
12-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Were in the North East, These guys use them to load salt and leave them in the sand and salt piles all year, of course they dedide to fix them 4 days before the first predicted snow fall. If they took it out of the sand pile say in april , and fixed it in the summer it would be better for everyone involved.

Mondo
12-06-2008, 12:55 AM
Were in the North East, These guys use them to load salt and leave them in the sand and salt piles all year, of course they dedide to fix them 4 days before the first predicted snow fall. If they took it out of the sand pile say in april , and fixed it in the summer it would be better for everyone involved.

Wise man say: Make repairs early, be prepared. That way when you need it, it is ready for you to use!

Frugal man say: Never fix anything until it is needed. That way if you never need it again you didn't waste time and money fixing it!

-Mondo