PDA

View Full Version : I.W.C.D. Signup Thread...Northwest Georgia/Southeast Tennessee

zapster
03-19-2013, 01:14 PM
wb4rt is having a clinic.

Dalton, GA
70 miles north of Atlanta, 20 miles south of Chattanooga on I-75.

Start at 9:00, stay until you are tired.

Bring helmet, gloves, safety glasses and other PPE.

I will furnish coffee, water, and sodas. You can bring biscuits, sandwiches, cookies, etc.

My shop can easily handle 10-12 guys with 4-5 welders going. I have 6-7 guys already signed up.

We will have MIG, STICK, DC TIG, and plasma. I would like to have someone bring AC TIG and lead us in aluminum.

You can bring a project to do, scrap steel or aluminum, etc. I will private message directions and other details to you when you sign-up.

Burt.

wb4rt
03-19-2013, 01:37 PM
This is the list I have that may be interested.

Please confirm if you plan to be in Dalton on April 6.

bhardy501
socoj2
cmm wa4qin
DemonSpeeder
ItsMillerTime
joshuabardwell
bassboy1
welder wana be from Texas
pepi maybe

zapster
03-23-2013, 10:13 AM
Boink!

2 Weeks left...

...zap!

bassboy1
03-24-2013, 10:27 AM
I would like to have someone bring AC TIG...

Consider it brought. I'll be there.

wb4rt
03-25-2013, 08:52 AM
Thanks Bassboy! That will really help to be able to TIG aluminum.

I have sent PM's to everyone I have on the list as coming. Check your Private Messages and let me know if you have any questions as to directions, etc. If you didn't get a PM, let me know and I'll send it.

I am hoping we will have 8-10 guys and should be a great day of fellowship and learning.

If we have to buy aluminum to practice on, we may need to throw in a little money to help with that.

wb4rt
03-28-2013, 08:50 AM
I just realized the county put in a new 3 way stop, so if you are coming from Atlanta, follow the same directions, but go to the second 3 way stop and turn right.

I'll send PM's also.

Anyone else interested in coming, please let me know. We have room for 3-4 more guys.

welder wana be
03-30-2013, 03:35 PM
my boss called this morning and work has really broke lose,so i will not be able to attend april 6. sorry work has been slow, starting to pick up:blob2: thanks, john

wb4rt
04-01-2013, 08:13 AM
John,
I'm sorry to hear that, but understand. Work has to come first.
You guys ought to organize a clinic in Texas - all you need is someone to step forward and offer his shop.

To everyone else - 1 WEEK!! I'm looking forward to meeting some of you for the first time and welcome the rest back for another fun day.

If you read this and are planning to come on Saturday, please reply to this thread or PM me so I can plan about food, drinks, etc.

If you plan to bring biscuits, sandwiches, or other stuff, list that too.

We can use scrap aluminum or steel.

wb4rt
04-05-2013, 08:44 AM
Tomorrow's the day!
I'm ready and looking forward to meeting you guys.

If you read this and are coming, add a reply so we have an idea who's going to be there.

Also, let us know what you are bringing - to eat or to work with!!!

ItsMillerTime
04-05-2013, 05:29 PM
I hope I'm not counting my chickens, but I'm 99.9% sure I'll be there. I'm bringing a tank of argon, cheap DC tig/stick/plasma welder/cutter, consumables and whatever scrap I can dig up.

I have a small deep fryer and a boatload of extra potatoes so I was thinking that could be cool. I could also strain the used oil and run it in the truck on the way home :cool2:

bassboy1
04-05-2013, 06:38 PM
I'm still going to be there. Will have AC TIG welder and a bit of aluminum with me.

Dawson

bhardy501
04-06-2013, 05:52 PM
I really hope you guys had a great day. wb4rt is a great host and has a nice shop. I really hate that I had already made a prior commitment for today. I hope to make the next one.

ItsMillerTime
04-06-2013, 07:29 PM
I had a great time. It was definitely worth the trip. To physically watch other people TIG welding and getting pointers while you were welding was most helpful. Now I know I'm just a few hundred hours or so from being a great tig welder.

However, the ball pit

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/64438_351466134974941_2091596109_n.jpg

AND horse back riding

https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/6794_351466158308272_1996205605_n.jpg

were a bit extravagant...

wb4rt
04-08-2013, 08:59 AM
Hey Craig - now that's funny! I laughed out loud when I saw your post.

We had a great time. We had 8 guys attend and we all learned a lot.

Awesome Dawson - bassboy1 - led us in TIG alumunum. He is a pro and I learned more in watching and him instructing than I'd ever get on my own.

Craig - ItsMillerTime - fed us french fries and helped everybody.
Joshua - Joshuabardwell - returned and boy he has been practicing since last fall.
Nathan came from Knoxville with Joshua. He said it was the best Saturday he could remember.
Jay - socoj2 - practiced plasma along with TIG.
Roger and Proctor are my local friends who came and participated.

Everybody wanted to learn and practice TIGging aluminum. Everybody got better as the day went on. We just took turns in the seat. We also did plasma, stick, MIG, and scratchstart TIG.

It was just a beautiful day to get together, have some fun, and improve our skills. We started right about 9:00 am and packed up at 3:30!

If you missed it, you really missed IT!!

Picture 1 is Dawson and Joshua
Picture 2 is Dawson, Nathan, Proctor, and Joshua
Picture 3 is Joshua, Craig, Nathan, and Jay
Picture 4 is Dawson (yeah, I know he looks young, but he has his own business TIGging for boats and marinas)

Dawson - you should post a link to your website.

wb4rt
04-08-2013, 10:38 AM
see other comments about the Welding Clinic here:

http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?t=265201

bassboy1
04-11-2013, 10:34 AM
We certainly had a good old time. I'll definitely be at the next one.

ItsMillerTime
04-17-2013, 01:55 AM
Hey Craig - now that's funny! I laughed out loud when I saw your post.

At least one person got a laugh out of it!