PDA

View Full Version : Hobart handler 140 ground problem

jblast
03-19-2013, 09:53 PM
Greetings, I have a Hobart 140 handler 120vac. I have been getting misfires and determined that the ground circuit was the issue. The bus bar that connects the lead in the wire feed side seems to be loose. I had been having problems and thought it was my clamp or not a bright enough surface on the work for a good ground. I use the machine to take to sites for small repairs. I tried to remove the cover in order to tighten the bar. With all screws removed the cover seems to be locked at the top if the plastic bezel. The cover will move up and back but not pull away to expose the area. Is there some kind of lock to prevent opening it? I would rather not take it to the shop and spend the bucks. I have looked for a diagram online and so far have had no luck.
Any help would be fantastic.
p.s. I belonged to this site several years ago. I guess inactivity on my part caused my name and pass to get lost. Now I am a new old member. Thanks for the great place to exchange ideas and thoughts.:blob4:

cope
03-20-2013, 06:34 AM
Contact Hobart Tech Support. They will walk you through the issue.

jblast
03-23-2013, 11:13 AM
I take it that no one here knows how to remove the outer case. :sleeping: Or where to locate a drawing. The only manuals I have located are not showing what I need to find. The support at Hobart wants me to take the welder to the dealer. That means spending bucks that I would rather save.

cope
03-23-2013, 11:32 AM
I have an HH 140. Remove the handle first and then all of the hex head screws. The manual I downloaded for mine does show a wiring schematic. 7A749 may have a service manual for this one.

Dan
03-23-2013, 06:20 PM
Along with the obvious 1/4" hex head screws, to remove the wrapper, two screws that attach the handle to the case need to be removed too. If I am remember correctly, the screws are the two closest to the wire drive compartment door.

ccawgc
04-09-2013, 12:12 AM
yep two screws in the handle need to be removed. If they spin and do not come out. use the other two. Standard miller/ Hobart case

cope
04-09-2013, 06:39 AM
yep two screws in the handle need to be removed. If they spin and do not come out. use the other two. Standard miller/ Hobart case

Looking at the unit from the front, it's the two on the left side.

ckobesko
03-12-2015, 10:27 AM
Super thinwall socket i assume. I need to remove cover as well believe fan is touching shroud for son reason