PDA

View Full Version : Floor jack

Dave1
02-20-2009, 06:51 PM
:blob2:About 4 years ago i bought a 3 1/2 ton floor jack from Sam,s club. The jack has never worked the way it should. Now it doesnt work at all. it has 3 screws in a square block on the back of the cylinder. a buddy and me took it apart and cleaned everything but it still doesnt work. Pump the handle and nothing happens??. Yes we refilled the cylinder with clean hydraulic oil

farmersamm
02-20-2009, 07:19 PM
Probably have air in the system. You might have to bleed it.

I forget how you bleed the damn things, somebody ought to be able to help.

Stack of Dimes
02-20-2009, 11:59 PM
1)- With the valve open, pump the handle a bunch of times fully and slowly. Close the valve and test. Didn't work? Repeat.

2)- Open the vent plug and repeat step #1. If the vent is blocked or jack is overfilled with oil it gets air locked very easy. Removing the plug solves this temporarily. Never fill a jack with the ram extended. You WILL overfill it.

Those 'screws' at the back are plugs sealing the ball circuits. One might even have been the overload.

If your buddy took all the check b@lls out and 'cleaned' it, he may have not put it back together right. Punch him in the nose and try step #1 again.

Dave1
02-23-2009, 02:22 PM
ok??............Where is the vent plug?

Dave1
02-23-2009, 02:24 PM
With the valve open?...Pump the handle a bunch of times with the valve open....Not sure what valve youi are talking about

Billdacat
02-23-2009, 07:53 PM
The jack handle is connected to the valve. Simply turn it to the right to close the valve. To lower the jack, turn the handle to the left.... :cool:

I bought a big Michelin floor jack from Sam's club a few years ago,,happy as a clam with it...

I was just thinking....PLEASE READ ANY AND ALL SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS !... NUMBER ONE RULL: DO NOT CLIMB UNDER ANY VEHICLE THAT IS SUPPORTED WITH A JACK. YOU MUST USE JACK STANDS OR YOU WILL DIE!