PDA

View Full Version : Help locating a selector switch and gas cap for a G310

therrera
09-09-2009, 01:38 AM
Hi everyone,

I finally identified this old Hobart as a G310. Someone was kind enough to send me a wiring diagram for it and I finally can get it running. My main problem is that it is missing the local/remote switch as can be seen by the empty slot in the picture attached.

Does anyone know what type of switch it uses and where I might find one or a replacement for it?

Also how about a gas cap for it? Pictures below. It currently uses a sardine can as shown.

Thanks,

Tony

zapster
09-11-2009, 11:33 AM
Call Bob at Tractor and Welder Repair 781-585-6377

He is located in Mass.
But probably has what you need..
Been to his shop a few times..
This guy knows what is what.

...zap!

therrera
09-11-2009, 03:43 PM
Hi Zapster,

thanks for the lead. I called Bob and he said to get back to him on Monday as he has to pull out the book on it, find the part number and see if he has one or one that will work. While I was at it I asked him for the coarse selector handle for a GPB-258. I picked one up years ago that was missing just the outside plate with grab ring.

Also I asked Bob if he used the Internet, he said no. He also says he throws out the old Hobart stuff as it just takes up room in his place. I suggested to him that there are lots of guys out there (I am an example of one) who likes to use the older machines and pick them up when the conditions are right. We need a source for parts. I told him it was a shame to throw the old stuff out and that there is a demand for them. I suggested he hook up with a friend or relative that is Internet knowledgeable, work out a commission deal with him to help him move his old inventory of Hobart parts.

He told me that he as an old SA-200 in perfect working order that he can't get rid of for $1200 as an example that no one wants the older stuff.

I hope he looks into using the Internet as it is a shame to see that stuff go down the drain in a scrap yard somewhere.

Thanks for your help,

Tony

zapster
09-11-2009, 04:16 PM
You really have to thank Tozzi for Bob's number..

I was frying contacts in the polarity switch on my TR-250-HF
Bob has a box full of new ones..
Good guy and easy to chat with..

The Hobart is being replaced with a 300 AMP Miller soon..

Happy hunting!

...zap!