PDA

View Full Version : User manual library

chrisf1
01-14-2010, 01:08 PM
Does the forum have a library of user manuals the reason I ask is I had terrible problems getting one for mine (see thread user manual desparetly needed) but now I have got it (amazing for 20 year old machine) I have scanned it in case anything should happen to the hard copy and I would imagine there are quite a few who would like to get one for there machine whatever make it is so only a suggestion but would it not be a good idea. I have one to add if it exists or one of the organisers would like to start a library Chris

slag_mag
01-16-2010, 06:00 PM
hi chrisf1,

Great suggestion!

To bad there are legal issues that prevent this from happening. Most publications are "Copyright ©" protected, preventing the administration from hosting of such a collection.

The Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) prohibits such a collection. Intellectual Property Theft is a crime that is taken as serious as robbing a bank. In cases like yours, I doubt the Copyright owner would pursue it, but ambulance chasers might take notice and convince litigation for the almighty US $, the American way.

ccawgc
05-17-2010, 12:32 AM
how about a directory of web sites with links. That have manuals.
And ask the manufacturers To send obsolete and dead brand manuals to a file hear.
With permission to let them be down loaded.

Matt_Maguire
05-18-2010, 08:42 AM
how about a directory of web sites with links. That have manuals.
And ask the manufacturers To send obsolete and dead brand manuals to a file hear.
With permission to let them be down loaded.

I know Lincoln and Hypertherm have manuals and guides online already, Lincoln's can take a while to work through though.

While a company may include very detailed schematics it will not give up the logic inside the control circuits.

Matt

Rbeckett
06-17-2010, 03:35 PM
Miller has the same thing also. If you go to millerwelds and select the resources tab you can get old owners amnuals in PDF or order them for a small fee. I am pretty sure they cover the entire product line, not just welders but accessories and other stuff too.
Bob

chrisf1
06-17-2010, 03:51 PM
Hi I am in the UK and a member of the MIG Welding forum over here who have a user manual library I am sure you will find it if you google it, they were more than happy to put mine on it and lots of others there also I hope that can be of some help to you Chris