PDA

View Full Version : recieved hh140 today!!

mulletcar
02-08-2010, 06:14 PM
i ordered a hh140 from northern tool a week ago and got it today from the united puppy squishers driver:) i didnt have any clean bare steel in my garage to test it on, so i grabbed the compressor mount plate i had already welded together and painted and proceeded to burn right through the paint for a nice clean weld with the flux core wire! nate is more than jacked up about this!!! i will post some pics as soon as i bring some scraps home tomorrow!!!!

farmersamm
02-08-2010, 06:56 PM

subzero
02-08-2010, 07:40 PM
Nice! Be sure to post pics. I'm waiting for mine to show up now. Should be here tomorrow.

mulletcar
02-08-2010, 10:20 PM
Nice! Be sure to post pics. I'm waiting for mine to show up now. Should be here tomorrow.

thanks farmersamm!
subzero- you wont be let down at all (unless youre planning on welding over 1/4"), mine burnt right through paint to lay down a few nice beads.. I will post up tomorrow, i aint a pro weldor, so by all means guys dont take it easy on the comments at all!!

r0y4l
02-11-2010, 02:26 PM
i just picked mine up yesterday! my local northern tool hooked me up with a free cart!! i need to modify it to hang the cables though.
its a VERY easy to set up and use welder and im loving it.
i just picked up all my scrap metal from the exhaust part of my shop so i got a bucket of potential art sitting here haha!

tanglediver
02-12-2010, 12:40 AM
The thing about paint and rust, it takes the heat away from the metal you want to melt. Given the choice, clean metal sticks quicker! :cool:
Have fun!

daman
02-21-2010, 12:36 AM
Yes post pics,last time i ordered from northern tool it took forever to arrive.

oak1971
03-04-2010, 09:31 PM
They had it in stock when I bought mine. After I bought it I found it at the same price closer to home with the cart included. Doh!

It's a nice unit. I bought mine after selling my Miller 140 and regretting it 2 years later. If they cut any corners on the Hobart, I have yet to notice. IIRC my miller had more current ranges and the feed mechanism might be a bit diff. Performance hasn't suffered.

Welding a fixture in 1/2 plate now. It'll do it if you need to.

dieselmudder
03-04-2010, 09:42 PM
thanks farmersamm!
subzero- you wont be let down at all (unless youre planning on welding over 1/4"), mine burnt right through paint to lay down a few nice beads.. I will post up tomorrow, i aint a pro weldor, so by all means guys dont take it easy on the comments at all!!

i beg to differ. ive got a handeler 140 and have built bumpers and hitches for multiple trucks out of heavier stuff. just takes a long time and lots of passes. granted i wouldnt use it on a day to day basis for something like that but when its what ya got you make it work.

oak1971
03-04-2010, 09:59 PM
If you are not in a hurry it'll do fine over 1/4". Make a nice V with the grinder and go to town.