PDA

View Full Version : Anthenol Connections!!!!

KIPPER
01-11-2004, 10:12 AM
Anyone ever seen these type of connection. My dad is sending me a hobart wire feeder and he says it has anthenol connections on it. Getting a little worried about my FREEBIE!!!! All i have is the luggs on my dialarc..

mowjunk
01-11-2004, 11:06 AM
Kipper, are you sure it's not 'amphenol connector'? They are sometimes used between the mig gun and the feeder and also for the foot pedal/finger control on tig welders. And there are different kinds. And they are used on loads of other stuff!

If you can find out which feeder he's sending you, we can give you more info.

mow

KIPPER
01-11-2004, 11:08 AM
wonderfull someone has seen one. It is a potra-wire CCCV feeder. Hoping to be able to cutt the connector off and figure out what everythng does. Sounds like a good one for ROCK? Yea amphenol sorry!!!

cope
01-11-2004, 02:25 PM
Don't cut anything before you find out the wiring you need to match it up. Another problem is that I don't think it is going to work on your DialArc.

Franz
01-11-2004, 02:29 PM
Don't even get intimidated at the number of pins on that little plug, most of em aren't even connected.
Depending on the model, there could be as few as 2 wires that hook up to the power source.

KIPPER
01-11-2004, 02:32 PM
The thing that has me wondering is there is one on ebay for sale that does not have these connections. I emailed the fool to get him to take some pics of the connections and he was not able to. I even asked what kind of machine he had it hooked up to and he said it will hook up to any machine.

cope
01-11-2004, 02:40 PM
But will he be able to use it on his Dial Arc? I don't think so, but maybe there is a way. Man if it would work, it would be a real work horse!

Planet X
01-11-2004, 02:46 PM
Hello Kipper, I am just wondering what you offered in exchange to this "fool" for his time & knowledge?

KIPPER
01-11-2004, 02:50 PM
Nothing!!!! would really like to get the tweco release connections he has, but if this is the kind of response i can get. I don think i will bother..

Franz
01-11-2004, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by cope
But will he be able to use it on his Dial Arc? I don't think so, but maybe there is a way. Man if it would work, it would be a real work horse!

Can't say for sure if the feeder will drive from the dialarc or not, some feeders will drive off near anything, and some won't. A lot of them have circuitry and a switch to set them to drive off either a CC or a CV power source.