PDA

View Full Version : LN25 not working-need advice

TEK
02-07-2006, 10:06 PM
Hi gang! Had a problem with the ln25 today. Made a pass, cleaned, went to re-start and nothing worked. Could see the truck and hear the welder running so I dis-connect the tweco and struck the bare end on the col. and got fire. Re-hook and still nada------checked everything I could and nothing helped. Anybody got any clues? Is this gonna be a shop fix or is there something common I can check? In the last 30+ yrs and I dont wanna think how many rolls of wire, this is only the second time I've had one die. Good units huh?

local 1 ironworker
02-08-2006, 12:00 AM
sounds like the contactor went bad

TEK
02-08-2006, 12:12 AM
local 1 ironworker- whazzat?

smithboy
02-08-2006, 07:33 AM
It is a device in the feeder that keeps current from flowing to the wire until the trigger is pulled. Sounds like a good place to start. the contactor is optional in this machine, so you can run it without it and it should be easy to find and check.

TEK
02-08-2006, 10:57 AM
O K thanks for that. I'll check that this a.m.

TEK
02-08-2006, 09:32 PM
Hey everone!:) I found my problem this morning and I feel kinda dumb about it. It turned out to be a broken sensing wire. The plastic clip that holds it in the case was too tight and severed the wire. What bugged me was I had checked the wire at the switch and had wriggled it with the trigger pulled before I got down to the truck. If I'd found it on site it took all of ten min. to fix.:blush2: Thanks to all who helped, I really appreciate the feedback and the willingness to help.

smithboy
02-08-2006, 10:16 PM
That's good. I work with computers a bunch also and when something goes wrong, I always start with cables...when I don't...then I always find out in the end...it was a cable unplugged. Once again...cables.