PDA

View Full Version : Mig wire vs Arc volts

widetrackman
02-11-2004, 02:14 AM
Surfing around last night, looking at mig wire manufacterers and came across something I have never seen stated before. National Wire stated that their N-S solid copper free wire "goes into spray 1/2 to 1 volts lower than copper coated". Any of you guys know if theres anything to this claim ?

vipermanz
02-11-2004, 06:01 AM
never heard that, only negative os copper coated i know is that it can flake off in the liner and clog it up

Franz
02-11-2004, 12:16 PM
Can you say CROCK of CRAP?
Bare wire -v- copper coated, you will have problems with the wire rusting in the machine if there is any humidity around.
1/2 to 1 volt lower, how does this become a major consideration in spray mode?

Aaron
02-11-2004, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by vipermanz
never heard that, only negative os copper coated i know is that it can flake off in the liner and clog it up

If you're having problems with this then your need to look at your wire drive system. When properly adjusted this should not be a factor.

vipermanz
02-12-2004, 06:04 AM
no problems with it, i think i heard it from rockyD on the old board, i think he caught a bad roll.

Paychk
02-15-2004, 12:44 AM
We have switched to Copper free wire about 20 rolls ago. We haven't had any rust problems except for 1 roll left near the door and rain was on it all weekend, it rusted quite a bit. The other rolls haven't rusted at all, and the copper free feeds much more constistently that the coated stuff, I much prefer the Copper free.