PDA

View Full Version : 1250 with duramax torch and fine cut consumables

jdh239
03-06-2011, 01:38 AM
For some strange reason when trying to use the fine cut consumables with the machine torch (duramax), I keep getting the lights that say the retaining cap is loose or not installed..... I tried changing out the electrode and things like that, but can't get it to cut.

Anyone able to give me some help?

Just prior to this I was cutting with the 65 Amp tip just fine :confused::confused::confused:

ccawgc
03-08-2011, 02:14 AM
recheck your consumables make sure you have all fine cut parts.One wrong part and the cap switch won't close. Check the number or your swirl ring,
Match up the numbers to the ones on the parts page.
there is only one electrode. one fine cut nozzle, 220930 and a fine cut swirl ring 220947
this torch can use 3 different swirl rings fine cut, 85 amp or less and a 100 amp.
the stand off shield cap is different also, 3 of them not counting gouging consumables.
It the torch works correctly with your standard consumables, you have something mixed up.

jdh239
03-08-2011, 04:31 PM
I place the nozzle on the outside of the retaining cap, instead of on the inside.... DOH. I feel stupid, but it is working now. :laugh:

ccawgc
03-10-2011, 02:13 AM
I have lost count on the number of plasmas that have come into my shop with the nozzle in the wrong place.