PDA

View Full Version : eutectic castolin torch set info?

LuzRD
07-06-2006, 05:51 PM
hey everyone, whats shakin?
i just got my "new" torch set from ebay. its a "eutectic castolin xuper eutalloy torch kit model B", ebay auction #7625123302.

i want to know if anyone knows where i can get any literature on this thing (i didnt get a manual), or if/where i can find replacement parts ( i know the powders are available, but id like access to parts that i may accidentally "customize" or parts that just wearout etc.).

does anyone have experience with this or a similar torch that can offer any usefull info, do's/dont's, good/bad points? any known sites that offer info on this (powder) process would be great as well.

ive only had 1 night to screw around looking online, but it seems like very few people have/had/care about this setup.

the pics on ebay dont show it, but it did come with a single page with a brief (paragraph or so) intro on using the torch, and a parts list. i dont have the parts list with me which may be a way for me to find parts suppliers, i guess ill find out when i get home.

if anyone can help me out id appreciate it
thanks
LuzRD

gnm109
07-06-2006, 06:58 PM
The number you gave didn't come up so I Googled "eutectic castolin super eutalloy torch kit model B" and came up with another listing on eBay. On the box in the picture I saw the name "Eutectic Castolin Instiutute." I Googled that and came up with this website:

http://www.eutectic.com/wCastolin_com/about/history.php?navid=95

It seems that you have purchased one of the most esoteric items on eBay. It is some sort of brazing kit for cast iron and other hard to repair metals. It is definitely unusual to say the least.

Maybe someone else will know about the process. It's new to me.

Good luck. :)

LuzRD
07-06-2006, 09:25 PM
thanks gnm, there seems to be nothing online about this specific torch set. theyre still making newer torches, but i liked the model B better as its basically 3 torches (cutting, brazing, powder spraying) in one snazzy case.

im gonna start looking up the part numbers that i got in the case, hopefully if theyre still available they havent changed the numbers on me = }

LuzRD
07-06-2006, 09:56 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7625123302
maybe this link will work.

and no luck on the part numbers yet.

Jeff Kranz
07-07-2006, 10:43 AM
I have two of these sets, I got one when I was in high school (1977) and then had problems with the touch part so I purchased another set on Ebay for about $90.00. It works great for cutting and welding but never used the spay on power system. I did have a factory rep stop by when I got my first one and told him I purchased it at a flea market for $100.00 back then and he said the set cost around $1600.00. I think the tungsten power was about $300 for the small bottle. I think all to use that is to load up the bottle on the torch and heat the metal to around red hot and start to spray. I'll look into my sets to see if I have any documentation.

Jeff

LuzRD
07-07-2006, 05:29 PM
Hi Jeff, thanks for the reply. if we could work somthing out where i could get photocopies (or if you got 2 manuals, one of the originals) of anything you have i sure would appreciate it!

thanks,
Jim

welder.man
07-07-2006, 11:27 PM
I have the same set-up It is one of the best items I have bought.

I don't have a manual for it, But send feel free to PM me with any questions and I will answer if I can.

Simon
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~abba/index.html

LuzRD
07-08-2006, 12:07 AM
thank you welder.man!
when i manage to get a couple cylinders, and regulators for this bad-larry im sure that im gonna have alot more questions than resources to help myself learn.

Jeff, and welder.man. have either of you guys found (or tried to find) any replacement parts for your setups? i have tried searching the part numbers i have and any variation i can think of, and ive come up with nothing yet. of course i should prolly try the guys at the local supply but i havent gotten up there yet.

thanks for all the replies guys
Jim

welder.man
07-08-2006, 02:47 AM
I have never tried to get parts I have two and a half kits so I have plenty on spares, There is a welding supply place an hour away from here that sells all the different powders I use.

Simon
http://members.optusnet.com.au/~abba/index.html

valhalen
12-06-2006, 07:40 AM
Hello everyone. Recently aquired one of these eutectic model b torches, hoping someone might know where to find tips, and a metal hopper. Also any information on where to get manuals or powders would be great. I do a lot of Art welding and intend to use this primarily for aethstetic purposes, some corrision resistance. THanks when I have a little more time I'll post some pics of my work.

LuzRD
12-06-2006, 02:44 PM
ive seen several of the powders on ebay, as for tips and parts id first try your local welding supply.
when i first got my torch set (i havent even used the darned thing yet) i asked about parts availability when i was getting some mig wire, and the guy said he could most likely get most or all of the parts (although i got the impression he was guessing, and hoped someone else would do the actual research).

looking forward to pics of your work, just wish i could help more

76GMC1500
12-06-2006, 03:36 PM
I think Rankine is a company that makes nickel 99 metal powder for metal spray welding. I watched a demonstration of it being done on an exhaust manifold. It was pretty cool. The welder filled a 3/8ths inch gap he gouged out with a grinder. He also ground off a bolt ear and built up a new one in its place.

aametalmaster
12-06-2006, 10:41 PM
I have the same set , never used with all the paper work if you still need it. I can copy it this weekend...Bob aametalmaster@yahoo.com
Some of the powders are avail from esab also.

valhalen
12-07-2006, 08:14 AM
Sent you an e-mail with my address and such. Really great of you. Thanks

LuzRD
12-07-2006, 03:42 PM
AAmetalmaster i would appreciate a copy of the paperwork also if you dont mind.

aametalmaster
12-07-2006, 09:48 PM
I will try to print on Sunday, i have a couple of doubles then a day off...Bob
aametalmaster@yahoo.com

valhalen
12-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Hi LuzRD Thought you'd like to know that I found a source for tips and a metal hopper for the Model B This is the fella who got back with me as well as his e-mail. Price on that hopper is near 5 times what I paid for the torch so I may keep looking or I may bite the bullet and buy it not sure yet.

fred schmidt [freds@buffalowelding.com]

THE SERIES 45 AND 48 TIPS ARE AVAILABLE
THE COST IS 17.50 EA. PART# IS 4240000-45
4239000-48
THE HOPPER IS 220.00
PART# IS 4291796

EutecticJohn
03-19-2009, 09:36 AM
I'm in the Marketing Dept. for Eutectic. We're right out of Milwaukee Wisconsin.

Drop me a PM and I'll send you whatever literature you need.

marrydavidson101
06-19-2010, 03:17 AM
I want to cut the ends of an 8 foot pipe at 45 degree angles to make a rectangular frame. I have a chop saw. What is the best way to line up the two cuts so that they are in the same plane across the pipe? I want my frame to lay flat. Thanks

Lance10
02-25-2017, 07:48 AM
I just purchased a eutalloy B torch on eBay and I can't get the torch to spray the powder. I can feel suction when I hold the leaver down but when I put the powder bottle on and try to spray it keeps stopping up
Does anyone have a Manuel or diagram for information on troubleshooting