PDA

View Full Version : Reviews of the new lincoln square wave 200

Reebs
12-24-2015, 02:11 PM
I'm thinking about getting this welder and would like input from people who have used it or own one.
I read the following post and some is over my head (I have only mig welded) http://weldingweb.com/showthread.php?552251-The-new-Lincoln-Square-wave-200-TIG&highlight=SQUARE+WAVE+200
I like the fact its portable, price, and ac/dc and Lincoln.

roadkillbobb
12-24-2015, 02:12 PM
whats over your head?? stand on a chair if need be...

Reebs
12-24-2015, 02:36 PM
I'm not too bright on some of the TIG stuff, I'm not too bright on a bunch of other things!!!

roadkillbobb
12-24-2015, 02:47 PM
lol..I think we all suffer from some of that..your better off asking direct questions you want clarified.., but most was covered in that other thread,,,

Gamble
12-24-2015, 03:04 PM
It looks like it's decent for the price
I still doubt it has a better arc than the ahp :) (stirs the pot)

Brand X
12-24-2015, 03:37 PM
Actually Lincoln knows how to get a nice inverter ac arc out of their machines.. They also know how to support their customers, by setting up a world wide support system.. You don't pay shipping back on anything..In fact you don't generally have to ship it anywhere for any reason. Lets stir the pot, but try to keep things somewhat real.. Like a real company for one, not mail order mayhem for support..:jester::rolleyes::laugh:

Gamble
12-24-2015, 03:57 PM
Never had to pay shipping when my machine broke...

Brand X
12-24-2015, 04:13 PM
Yes, but how much kicking,screaming, and spamming the net did that take? Seems like that's how things get fixed most of the time with these slow boat from China units..:laugh:

Gamble
12-24-2015, 04:16 PM
1 email is about all it took...

soutthpaw
12-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Actually Lincoln knows how to get a nice inverter ac arc out of their machines.. They also know how to support their customers, by setting up a world wide support system.. You don't pay shipping back on anything..In fact you don't generally have to ship it anywhere for any reason. Lets stir the pot, but try to keep things somewhat real.. Like a real company for one, not mail order mayhem for support..:jester::rolleyes:[emoji23]
So you definitely wouldn't want an HTP either got the same mail order mayhem. [emoji75] [emoji197]
For the OP, in all seriousness, that is an introductory price and it will probably jump soon by a few hundred bucks like the 210mp did. So buy one ASAP. The trade off between the $800 AHP, vs the squarewave 200 @ $1400. Is obviously price. More features and better duty cycle on the AHP. Lincoln name and local service centers for the latter.
Also Chinese machine made and assembled by Chinese people, VS Chinese machine parts made by Chinese people and assembled by Mexican people.

Sent from mobile. Not responsible for Typos

mechanic416
12-24-2015, 04:38 PM
[Chinese machine made and assembled by Chinese people, VS Chinese machine parts made by Chinese people and assembled by Mexican people]

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Oscar
12-24-2015, 05:51 PM
I'm not too bright on some of the TIG stuff, I'm not too bright on a bunch of other things!!!

Well then why don't you outline what it is exactly that you need clarification on? I'm sure there's plenty of people that are willing to help. :confused:

Brand X
12-25-2015, 12:54 AM
So you definitely wouldn't want an HTP either got the same mail order mayhem. [emoji75] [emoji197]

I will take a slow boat from Italy any day. If you are saying a AHP is on the same level as a HTP..Dream on....:rolleyes:
Some things are worth waiting for in life, but a AHP is not one of them..:laugh:

soutthpaw
12-25-2015, 07:59 AM
I will take a slow boat from Italy any day. If you are saying a AHP is on the same level as a HTP..Dream on....:rolleyes:
Some things are worth waiting for in life, but a AHP is not one of them..[emoji23]
You missed the sarcasm intended in my post.... [emoji12] [emoji197]

rahtreelimbs
12-25-2015, 01:03 PM
When I bought my HTP 221 3 yrs. ago one concern was obviously service. I was told by HTP that from where I was located (Pittsburgh) by UPS any service would take roughly a week from house and back. From seeing over the past 3 yrs. by own dealings and others I have little doubt in that claim.

Brand X
12-25-2015, 03:20 PM
You missed the sarcasm intended in my post.... [emoji12] [emoji197]

I did not..

I really don't care where it's built in general.. All these machines serve a little different audience with some overlap.. I do think having Lincoln engineers having their input into designing the 200 will make it a better performing/reliable machine. Even things like foot controls/torches will function at a higher level.

Reebs
12-27-2015, 04:36 PM
I think I will order one on Monday!!!!

roadkillbobb
12-27-2015, 04:57 PM
so far, the lincoln square wave is a nice little welder with higher quality components that I can see( at least on the outside) foot pedal and cables, torch....whats on the inside...well im going on faith lincoln doesnt want to flush there reputation down the toilet with complete junk...and there are plenty of certified lincoln service outlets within a 30 minute drive..no shipping needed on my part...

Broccoli1
12-27-2015, 06:39 PM
I think you'll enjoy it.

The Arcmaster 185 from a few years ago really changed the game on the little inverter Tig machines.

You'll always run into "need more power..." But they are good machines for general geerage needs.

When you get it, you know there's tons of help from the peanut gallery

Reebs
12-27-2015, 07:56 PM
The Lincoln name and ability to drop at my LWS are important to me.

Zizzle
12-27-2015, 09:34 PM
No doubt the regulator/flow meter, pedal, leads and torch are light years better than the Chinese junk.

If you price out decent accessories then your cheap Chinese inverter is around the same price as the Lincoln.

My only concern would be the non-adjustable post flow.

motolife313
12-27-2015, 11:03 PM
Adjustable post flow is very important. Like speed taking you can turn it down to 2 sec even on 230 amps. If your machine hits 200 amps it could wanna do 10 sec or more post flow. Huge waste of gas if it works that way, might wanna check. And air cold torches need double amount of post flow then water cooled. You'll want a water cooled torch if you plan on welding a lot and won't want be wasting all that post flow

soutthpaw
12-27-2015, 11:11 PM
Adjustable post flow is very important. Like speed taking you can turn it down to 2 sec even on 230 amps. If your machine hits 200 amps it could wanna do 10 sec or more post flow. Huge waste of gas if it works that way, might wanna check. And air cold torches need double amount of post flow then water cooled. You'll want a water cooled torch if you plan on welding a lot and won't want be wasting all that post flow
The is a chart from Lincoln in the other Lincoln 200 thread with the actual post flow times based on amperage. It's something like 16 second at 200 amps

Rick Finsta
12-28-2015, 03:27 PM
Yeah post flow is pretty absurd on the SW 200 but I've got no real frame of reference for Ar consumption since I don't pay for it at work...

I haven't burned through my first 80CF bottle yet but I only have a few hours on this thing in the garage so far.

I'm really hoping for some kind of firmware update in the future that would allow you to load lower fixed values at least, but I still haven't pulled mine open to see if there is a COM port of some kind in there...

roadkillbobb
12-28-2015, 03:34 PM
Yeah post flow is pretty absurd on the SW 200 but I've got no real frame of reference for Ar consumption since I don't pay for it at work...

I haven't burned through my first 80CF bottle yet but I only have a few hours on this thing in the garage so far.

I'm really hoping for some kind of firmware update in the future that would allow you to load lower fixed values at least, but I still haven't pulled mine open to see if there is a COM port of some kind in there...

In another thread, someone opened her up and made some comments about whether or not updates would work for adjusting post flow...lol..it was your post in the other thread...:dizzy:

ccawgc
12-28-2015, 04:34 PM
you guys have bought so many of these units, spare parts are hard to get right now. So if yours dies right now you will have a little wait before it can be fixed.
Should get better is a few months though.

soutthpaw
12-28-2015, 04:40 PM
you guys have bought so many of these units, spare parts are hard to get right now. So if yours dies right now you will have a little wait before it can be fixed.
It will improve when they jack the price up

roadkillbobb
12-28-2015, 04:45 PM

the hopeful thought is they dont die..lol

pat h
12-28-2015, 06:41 PM
[QUOTE=soutthpaw;6685591]It will improve when they jack the price up

How do you know they will jack up price, talked to them at fabtech and asked they said no but price increases usually come across the board March if I'm not mistaken

soutthpaw
12-28-2015, 06:44 PM
[QUOTE=soutthpaw;6685591]It will improve when they jack the price up

How do you know they will jack up price, talked to them at fabtech and asked they said no but price increases usually come across the board March if I'm not mistaken
Info from an LWS employee on the forum said that's the info he got from his Lincoln rep. This is an introductory price, just like the $999 was for the 210mp.

ccawgc
12-29-2015, 04:32 PM
Good news for my customer, Lincoln sent me a whole new machine for him. I just arrived.