PDA

View Full Version : Identify this tweko set up ?

ctp13
12-27-2015, 08:04 PM
Hi this gun is on my ltec 225. Not stock but it needs to be replaced looking for some insight before i visit my LWS tomorrow.

Thanks, the neck of hose at gun is not good the liner is broken and midway its been cut and taped .
Btw no numbers as the side of gun that i suspect they were is ground down .

7A749
12-27-2015, 08:51 PM
Pull the square block off the back of the gun where it plugs into the welder. Chances are it's a Tweco Universal end that an adapter has been attached to to connect to your L Tec. There should be a little set screw holding it on. It looks to likely be a Universal end to me since those adapter blocks are usually connected to those guns when adapting to another welder.

If you can measure the diameter of the feeder drive connection hole, I might have one for your machine. I'll have to look. I'm guessing there was a barb end underneath for a gas hose to attach to?

ctp13
12-27-2015, 09:37 PM
Pull the square block off the back of the gun where it plugs into the welder. Chances are it's a Tweco Universal end that an adapter has been attached to to connect to your L Tec. There should be a little set screw holding it on. It looks to likely be a Universal end to me since those adapter blocks are usually connected to those guns when adapting to another welder.

If you can measure the diameter of the feeder drive connection hole, I might have one for your machine. I'll have to look. I'm guessing there was a barb end underneath for a gas hose to attach to?

I think this should show the gas barb you mentioned

7A749
12-27-2015, 09:47 PM
Yup. If you pull that block off the gun end, and figure out what size the connection is, I'll see if I have one. Is the broken off part still stuck in the wire feed drive?

ctp13
12-27-2015, 09:53 PM
No the broken part is what was surounding the visable wire . Just hollow wound casing .

7A749
12-27-2015, 09:57 PM
Measure the hole where the gun plug into the welder and take a pic of the gun after removing that block.

ctp13
12-27-2015, 10:10 PM
Sorry if im just confused the block is the part the goes into welder The gun in pic is the one on the other end of the wire .

7A749
12-27-2015, 10:13 PM
You see that little knob on the square piece the wire is sticking out of? The square piece of black covered plastic with the barb end sticking out of it?

Loosen that screw up, and grab hold of the square piece the wire is sticking out of and twist while pulling. Hold on to the longer piece of the end of the gun where those red and white wires are. It is an adapter that is connected to the end of the gun body. It will pull off the end of the gun.

ctp13
12-27-2015, 10:15 PM
Ok i will

7A749
12-27-2015, 10:23 PM
This is what the piece looks like off the gun. Loosen the screw and it will pull right off.

The last pic is an illustration of how the adapter fits on to the end of a gun. It's not the correct end, but should explain how it works.

ctp13
12-27-2015, 10:28 PM
Pics of end

ctp13
12-27-2015, 10:42 PM
Connector from machine to little squair box is threaded here is pic

ccawgc
12-28-2015, 04:24 PM
How many XX are on the hose. Two XXS means a 200 amp gun. should have a 42- series liner and a 22- series nozzle.
See how many Xs are on the hose, find and post all the part numbers listed on the liner, tip, diffuser and nozzel.
From that we can tell what gun you have. The adapter takes a standard tweco gun and adapts it to the welder. Mini mig through #4 guns.

7A749
12-28-2015, 05:13 PM
Ok what does the welder look like where the gun connects? Need to know what you have and the size in order to help you out.

ctp13
12-28-2015, 09:06 PM
Thank you all for your help I took gun and all connectors to my LWS iv been using them for 15 years

Got a new gun - they sail all the parts were available but it would be all ordered and by the time I was done it might be cheaper just to bite the bullet.

I felt better - untill i got home and it still doesent feed!
Runs but with me leaning on top wheel / bearing it just spins no advancement .

I hand fed the wire in not all the way because it went so much easer than the original wire ( it came with a spool that has a tiny bit of rust ) double checked its 035 in an 035 drive wheel

Edges of grouve seem sharp , the wire does not skip out of the grouve.

Can they just wear too deep in the grouve to drive?

ccawgc
12-29-2015, 04:22 PM
simple, just put the wire in the drive, pressure roller in place. pull back on wire by hand. if wire moves and the drive roll doesn't, roll bad.
sometimes they will get a bad spot and wire slips only in 1 quarter of the drive roll. make sure wire is centered in the groove.
Not a bad up sell, customer needs a liner and tip so he sells a new gun.

ctp13
12-29-2015, 06:30 PM
simple, just put the wire in the drive, pressure roller in place. pull back on wire by hand. if wire moves and the drive roll doesn't, roll bad.
sometimes they will get a bad spot and wire slips only in 1 quarter of the drive roll. make sure wire is centered in the groove.
Well the line had been spliced in middle
What ever kept the lone from flopping at neck was gone ( po had taped a 11 inch piece of metal to stiffen it up .

And well it doesent look like it had been in a car wreck ( im sure the used car guy i got it from had driven over it)

In any case i do apreciate your time and the drive roler wil not advance wire no mater how much pressure i put on ideler bearing.

Now the hard part finding a new drive wheel

Thanks again

7A749
12-29-2015, 06:32 PM
How about taking a pic of that too.

I have a box full of rolls for older Linde/L Tec stuff. I might have it.

ctp13
12-29-2015, 07:21 PM
Ok here are pics of drive roler.1305101130511113051211305131

7A749
12-29-2015, 07:53 PM
Ok. I have some of those, but the problem my be inside the drive at the shaft, not with the roller itself. Is the metal loose and spinning on the hub? Does the drive motor function properly?

It's really hard to troubleshoot stuff like this with such a limited amount of information. You need to verify that the actual drive that spins the rollers is working. Those rolls are pretty straightforward. Unless the outer part has broken loose from the inner piece, it will function fine.

I'll post some pics of what I have.

ctp13
12-30-2015, 12:16 AM
Ok. I have some of those, but the problem my be inside the drive at the shaft, not with the roller itself. Is the metal loose and spinning on the hub? Does the drive motor function properly?

It's really hard to troubleshoot stuff like this with such a limited amount of information. You need to verify that the actual drive that spins the rollers is working. Those rolls are pretty straightforward. Unless the outer part has broken loose from the inner piece, it will function fine.

I'll post some pics of what I have.

Yes the motor drives ,the roller does not slip , and truthfly i cant figure why or how its worn
But it looks good the wire in the grouve stands proud above it
When lots of pressure is on the berring it does not drive the wire.
But it will rotate even with 50 pluss pounds on it .

I will continue to try and figure this out. Perhaps the liner in the new gun is twisted and the
Apearent faliure to feed is because of a failure in both liners .

7A749
12-30-2015, 12:20 AM
Huh. That's strange.

I'll dig them out of the shed tomorrow morning. I know exactly where they are but I'll have to move a few things to get to them. If you end up needing one, I'm sure I can help you out ;)

ctp13
12-31-2015, 02:31 AM
Hi im a bit confused the roler
Is gear driven pulling on wire should not move roller because ( in my head) id have to reverse the gears and the motor by pulling on wire im thinking if it were good it shouldent move at all .

Which BTW it doesent . So now im really confused as the wire seems to be securly held in the grove but still wont advance wire .
Ill take the new gun and hose back and have them run it.

Thanks .

ctp13
01-03-2016, 05:03 PM
Huh. That's strange.

I'll dig them out of the shed tomorrow morning. I know exactly where they are but I'll have to move a few things to get to them. If you end up needing one, I'm sure I can help you out ;)
Well sir iv pulled the liner fed wire bu hand and while not super slippery it goes through .
Iv fed wire by hand with liner in gun it also goes through with a bit more effort ( bend in neck i figure)

So I believe ill need your drive wheel ,

Shoot me a price ill send or can use Paypal if you would rather.

Chuck

ctp13
01-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Well i called esab and they had a part number for my drive roller .
Ordered it localy should be in in a week ( likly more) but at least i will know that part is new and not the cause ( hopefully there is no longer a cause :) )

Thanks all.
Im sure ill have more questions .
Im old and so is all my equipment.