PDA

View Full Version : Blueprint reading test

arcboy
07-22-2011, 07:42 PM
I have been invited to Phase 2 of Phase 4 for a welder position at Siemens. Apparently one part is on mechanical blueprints. I know blueprints/drawings really well on complex buildings for structural steel but I am not so sure if they are that much more complicated.

I guess the part two is HVAC and hydraulics, which I know some simple stuff, so hopefully that goes well.

They building a second 550,000 sq/ft building with HVAC inside, so that will be nice to weld in and they do some really high quality turbines!!!!!

Hope I do well.

gcnettl
10-23-2011, 10:52 AM
You must be talking of the Charlotte plant...

I heard from a buddy of mine that had a friend who knew a person that was walking down the same road as you and failed the blueprint test... after missing the job, he was informed there was a class offered somewhere that taught you how to read their prints? I dunno though. I was under the impression there were classes locally there for the different subjects that Siemens tested.

arcboy
10-23-2011, 11:11 AM
You must be talking of the Charlotte plant...

I heard from a buddy of mine that had a friend who knew a person that was walking down the same road as you and failed the blueprint test... after missing the job, he was informed there was a class offered somewhere that taught you how to read their prints? I dunno though. I was under the impression there were classes locally there for the different subjects that Siemens tested.

It actually turned out to be super easy!!! The guy telling us it was mechanical turned out to be a machined part asked about radius, hidden lines, easy stuff. I've passed everything and now just waiting to for an interview and weld test or a letter/email saying they are not interested in me.

Bgbkwndo
12-12-2011, 10:34 PM
If you'd like to know in regards for the Replica Audemar Piguet (http://replicaaudemarpiguet.webstarts.com) Replica it really is essential that you've a exceptional diploma of particulars about the Omega design which has attained a great position due to its lofty excellent and distinctive efficiency. IWC Replica Watches (http://iwcreplicawatches.webstarts.com) collection made its look in 007 films and has been accepted people everywhere inside the world on account of its elegance and functionality. As the title indicates this assortment of watches is completely fitted to the underwater actions and plenty of celebs admire these watches.

Spam?

Donald Branscom
12-27-2011, 01:32 AM
Did the blue prints use actual welding symbols? I doubt it.

I have seen many drawings with xxxxx's where a weld should be.

When I called the architects I asked about the non specification of welding parameters on the drawing, and they said they just thought the welder would know.

Be careful about taking on that kind of liability people.

woohoo
12-28-2011, 11:26 PM
Did the blue prints use actual welding symbols? I doubt it.

I have seen many drawings with xxxxx's where a weld should be.

When I called the architects I asked about the non specification of welding parameters on the drawing, and they said they just thought the welder would know.

Be careful about taking on that kind of liability people.

Wow, that's a disaster waiting to happen...

Somthingoriginal
12-30-2011, 05:19 PM
"what's a weld symbol?"

Wright's engineering dept.