PDA

View Full Version : What's with the new thread organization at the top?

MAC702
07-30-2006, 03:57 PM
It also only shows the new posts at first. If you need to remind yourself of what led to the most recent post, you have to click the first post in the menu and scroll down, or flip through the menu and see which branch it comes from.

I also found that depending on who you quote to make the reply affects where the new post will appear when you click the top one and try to scroll down.

In short, I don't like it yet. I think it slows down trying to get the flavor of an entire thread before adding another post to it.

I like to be able to easily scroll up just a few posts to remind myself of the recent trend in the thread before posting. This new organization makes that more difficult.

My 2 cents. I'd like to hear what others think; I can always be persuaded.

MAC702
07-31-2006, 01:16 PM
Am I the only one that even has it?

I'm finding more and more reasons to not like it, too, so I'm curious what others think.

Many of us have often directly referred to a post #, which now means nothing.

And just ONE example is TxRedNeck's reply to JT in the Brand Loyalty thread. You have to jump through a hoop to see what the question was if you didn't remember it.

MAC702
07-31-2006, 01:19 PM
Some research has shown me that even though I have "Linear - Oldest First" selected in my thread-viewing options, it appears that the "Threaded" or "Hybrid" mode has started being shown. It started yesterday morning. Any ideas?

TxRedneck
07-31-2006, 02:01 PM
Sorry Mac, whatever you have chosen I dont have. Its still coming up the old fashioned way. I dont know where to change this to find out.

zapster
07-31-2006, 03:20 PM
:confused:

all's well here..
(sorta:jester: )

...zap!

MAC702
07-31-2006, 05:18 PM
I've verified and refreshed my options page, even tried other options. It still comes up as Linear, but that is NOT what I'm getting anymore. Any way to fix it?

zapster
07-31-2006, 08:58 PM
:confused: i dont know what you did..

i actually tried to screw mine up and can't do it...

wtf?

...zap!

Bob at WeldingMag
07-31-2006, 10:32 PM
I'm not sure what you're referring to. We have not made any changes over the last few weeks that ought to affect the way the threads display. I'll have Dana look into it and contact you directly.

spuddown
07-31-2006, 11:13 PM
No changes here.

MAC702
07-31-2006, 11:37 PM
It must just be me, but I didn't do it. But it's clearly in one of those other modes, despite what my options list is telling me.

You should be able to select Hybrid or Threaded modes in your options list and see what I'm seeing. If you can't change it, than the problem is bigger than me, you're just stuck with the nice one.

Sober_Pollock
08-01-2006, 07:51 AM
Mac:

You are clicking on the "Save Changes" Button Right?

I tried it and I see what you mean. It is a pain trying to read threads that way! I was able to switch back though.

For anyone who wants to see what he's talking about:

Click on "User CP".....Click on "Edit Options".....Scroll down to "Thread Display Mode".....In the drop-down box select "Threaded".....Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on the "Save Changes" Button.

To switch back, go back to "Thread Display Mode" and select "Linear - Oldest First"

Don't forget to go to the bottom of the page and click on the "Save Changes" Button!

I didn't have any problems switching back and fourth between the different modes.

MAC702
08-01-2006, 11:50 AM
Mac:

You are clicking on the "Save Changes" Button Right?
I sure thought I was. I was able to change it back today, though.

Something WAS wrong, though, because I for sure never changed it to that awful other way in the first place.

Sober_Pollock
08-01-2006, 04:21 PM
Glad you're back to normal.

I tried the "Threaded" mode and it was EXCRUCIATINGLY difficult.

Does anybody here like "Threaded" mode?

DDA52
08-01-2006, 04:25 PM
:rolleyes: This is what happens when happy pills fall into the wrong hands...:dizzy: :eek: :rolleyes:

How many screens did you see again?:p :waving:

I had a weak moment, Mac......either that or I have been reading your posts too long.:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

MAC702
08-01-2006, 04:49 PM
Happy pill is still in my pocket. Haven't needed it yet, even though "things" still don't feel quite normal.