PDA

View Full Version : Let the hunt begin ... CNC table V rail

blueriver
05-30-2016, 08:53 AM
Okay I thought google was my friend and this would be an easy find. My rails are showing wear and I thought just find then order them replace them ... quess I don't know the actual terminology or what ever they called.

Beemer533
05-31-2016, 12:39 PM
What machine do you have? I haven't personally seen a v rail like that..

It might be a custom part.

Is the extrusion 80/20 or Misumi or something else?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

tinker001
05-31-2016, 02:57 PM
Those I have never seen either. Have been watching all types of cnc machines for ideas for doing the vees rails . But those look like a good choice for building a rail with 8020 type supports.

Dang now going to have to follow this one close. To see what comes up.

blueriver
05-31-2016, 05:44 PM
The table was made by Lightning CNC ... ya I know.

I have no idea what the extrusion is ... it has this rail top and bottom in the center and the extrusion fastens with 4 screws on each end ... i'm hoping someone somewhere will know what these are and where I can get them.

I sure hate to have to change them all out!!

blueriver
06-01-2016, 06:45 AM
Those I have never seen either. Have been watching all types of cnc machines for ideas for doing the vees rails . But those look like a good choice for building a rail with 8020 type supports.

Dang now going to have to follow this one close. To see what comes up.

Yes ... but replacement may not be an option. I've got emails with pictures into more than one company hoping someone says "yes we stock them!!" I'm not down, just have a couple wear spots that make the movement a little "jerky"

tinker001
06-01-2016, 06:54 AM
Is the bottom one just like the top? Maybe just swapping them out with each other mightbe4 a solution too.

blueriver
06-01-2016, 07:05 AM
Is the bottom one just like the top? Maybe just swapping them out with each other mightbe4 a solution too.

Yes they are the same ... so far I've just a problem with one and I simply removed it and re installed it end for end .. I can also take one from the far end of the 10' table and put it up front ... I can keep running just am looking towards the future and would kinda like to get some in inventory.

I think in time someone will ID them and advise me who sells them.

tinker001
06-01-2016, 10:50 PM
Try over on CNC zone they might be able to tell you a little faster than here. Since that is what the site is about. Look or post in the plasma section.

forhire
06-02-2016, 03:08 AM
Are those v-rails hardened and ground or are they extruded aluminum? They appear to be pretty clever.

I'm sure you saw this over on cnczone. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/general-off-topic-discussions/244292-cnc.html

blueriver
06-02-2016, 07:00 AM
Are those v-rails hardened and ground or are they extruded aluminum? They appear to be pretty clever.

I'm sure you saw this over on cnczone. http://www.cnczone.com/forums/general-off-topic-discussions/244292-cnc.html

they appear to be hardened .... The company filed bankruptcy just maybe 90 days after I got mine. Mine was complete and has been a good setup. I upgraded to CandCnc ethercut and that was a good thing.

I keep hoping to find these.