PDA

View Full Version : Country of Manufacture

MRB
05-30-2016, 08:30 PM
Hi,
I am going to be buying some welding equipment, and am wondering where some of the following brands products are made: Black Stallion Gloves, 3M Safety, Jackson Nemesis Safety, and Vise Grip. I know that these are all very good brands, but I prefer American made since that is where I am from. Thanks

shortfuse
05-30-2016, 08:38 PM
Vise Grip = China

soutthpaw
05-30-2016, 08:47 PM
My Jackson Truesight II WH70 says: filter made in Slovenia, helmet and headgear in Vietnam....

MRB
05-31-2016, 04:04 PM
Wow, I just found out at Black Stallion makes their products in China. Is there any US made vise grip style clamps?

Broccoli1
05-31-2016, 04:49 PM
Wow, I just found out at Black Stallion makes their products in China. Is there any US made vise grip style clamps?

http://www.armstrongtools.com/pliers/armstrong-67-407-7-quick-release-locking-plier-with-curved-jaw.html?buy=1

tinker001
05-31-2016, 05:04 PM
http://www.armstrongtools.com/pliers/armstrong-67-407-7-quick-release-locking-plier-with-curved-jaw.html?buy=1

here is the one link I would have used http://www.armstrongtools.com/american-muscle

tinker001
05-31-2016, 05:14 PM
It's getting to the point of who stands behind their products any more.

If the US and Canada every get attacked from somewhere else. We are SCREWED and without any grease to make it feel better. For one it would take about 5 years just to get the steel industrial back up and running at full force. Then 2 more years to have enough trained people to do the work for the goods needed in a war.

soutthpaw
05-31-2016, 08:13 PM
Yep, the USA is good at making one thing, WAR. All on the taxpayers dime too! Peace is not good for capitalism...

MRB
05-31-2016, 08:54 PM
Thanks for the tip with Armstrong. I never knew they made those kind of pliers. I know that Miller machines are USA made, but how bout their gloves and jackets?

mikecwik
05-31-2016, 08:58 PM
I hope nobody is stupid enough to buy new visegrips like I was. Pretty useless.

Lanse
05-31-2016, 09:27 PM
Now this should be an entertaining thread

duaneb55
05-31-2016, 09:35 PM
I know that Miller machines are USA made, but how bout their gloves and jackets?
I don't want to burst your bubble but "Made in the USA" with a number of off-shore produced components made to Miller's specs.

Miller even has a manufacturing facility in China to serve that regions' market.

soutthpaw
05-31-2016, 10:03 PM
I don't want to burst your bubble but "Made in the USA" with a number of off-shore produced components made to Miller's specs.

Miller even has a manufacturing facility in China to serve that regions' market.
Assembled in USA with foreign and domestic parts. .

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

tinker001
05-31-2016, 11:18 PM
You have got to be kidding.......:nono:
Do a check on the largest arms manufacturers on the planet and, 9 out of the top 20 are based in the USA.
The rest are spread between Russia, France, Italy, UK.....with China trying to push its way on to the list.

If the arms manufacturers in the US went to the wall, you'd have serious financial problems........More serious than you have now.

Mick, That is not where I'm talking about it the rest of industrial areas. Them little bitty bullets are not going to reach the other side of the oceans. Light arms we can handle here but the rest is where our problem is going to be.

xryan
05-31-2016, 11:23 PM
My Chevy truck, made in Canada, eh.
My Dodge truck, made in Mexico senor.
My other Chevy car, made in Canada, again eh.
My Subaru car, made in USA.
My Nissan SUV, made in USA.
My Chevy car, made in USA!!! :eek: to Chevy made a car in the US!! Although to be fair it is 13 years old and they don't make it here anymore, it's replacement is NOT made in the US.
My Kawasaki motorcycle, only thing made in Japan.

Toyota, Subaru, BMW, Mercedes, Honda, Acura, Infiniti, VW, BMW, Nissan, Hyundai, Kia, ALL make cars, trucks and SUV's in the USA. All the "domestic" manufacturers make a LOT of cars, trucks, SUV's other places. Which brands frequently are rated higher build quality...yup the stuff built here. Funny how those evil foreign companies can use US labor and make a profit, "US" companies can't even make a profit by paying pennies on the dollar for cheap labor other places....

MRB
06-01-2016, 08:37 PM
It really is a shame. You try to support your own economy, but there is nothing that is made here. Not that I have anything against the country where the products are made, it's the company that is doing the overseas manufacturing. Some, and a lot of these factories have young children working there for very minimal pay. Some have poor working conditions, and it is almost like what our country had during the Industrial Revolution before the Union was made. It is terrible how company's don't mind this just so that they can have product made cheaper.