PDA

View Full Version : OT/random: what are these tool parts from?

zed
11-15-2016, 08:37 AM
Cleaning out Dad's shop & trying to figure out what to keep. These look so familiar but I can't put my finger on what machine they went with (I moved away 40 years ago). We had machine tool, weld/fab and wood cabinetmaking going on at various times, stuff got mixed up and things disappeared.

Slot is 3/8 and post is 7/16 x 1-1/8. They look forged and originally nickel plated, which maybe suggests woodworking?

Any ideas appreciated, it's driving me nuts....

roythayer
11-15-2016, 08:54 AM
Cleaning out Dad's shop & trying to figure out what to keep. These look so familiar but I can't put my finger on what machine they went with (I moved away 40 years ago). We had machine tool, weld/fab and wood cabinetmaking going on at various times, stuff got mixed up and things disappeared.

Slot is 3/8 and post is 7/16 x 1-1/8. They look forged and originally nickel plated, which maybe suggests woodworking?

Any ideas appreciated, it's driving me nuts....

They might be a dog. Place the round part in a hole in the workbench and you have a stop block, but they usually are only about 1/2" tall so the tool you are working with can pass over the top of the dog. Maybe someone else has a clue!

Bls repair
11-15-2016, 05:53 PM
Heavy duty tuning fork :eek: